Branch Deflectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=Hltoppr link=board=2;threadid=6476;start=msg52840#msg52840 date=1066665743]
How about an "Z" bracket which attaches under the hood, using whatever bolt is convenient, then attaching the wire to the side that extends out when the hood is closed. Does that make sense?

-H-
[/quote]

Sort of like those CB antenna mounts that mount on the fender and come out the slit between the hood and fender. Sounds like a good idea. I don't have an 80, nor access to one, but I would imagine that after a few minutes one could determine where the best place under the hood or wherever to mount something. The strap is a good idea too, you could hook it somewhere in the engine bay near the front and then just run it out and have a ring on the end and hook the cable to it.

Also, if you didn't read the pirate post, the cables tend to stretch and flex--so you would want to incorporate that into your idea. The guy that posted the last post on the pirate thread stated he uses a sort of spring at one end that allows for some stretch and then it springs back in place. Sounds good to me.

And I for one believe these things can actaully be quite handy depending on where you live, but I also just think they look really cool. I like the "Safari" look.

-Ferg-

perfect score :D

also when the snorkle faces rearward it makes a real cool sound when you get on the gas :D

John

[quote author=Hltoppr

link=board=2;threadid=6476;start=msg53413#msg53413 date=1066772319]
The "upward" facing lights are Hella Safari work lamps, and they are adjustable. The snorkle is facing the rear to presumably inhale less snow/water, and the item mounted on the top is a GPS antenna.

-H-

Nice Truck John!

I think Hltoppr's idea sounds like the course of action that I'm going to try. Except, I envision more of an L-shaped than Z-shaped Bracket.
I met a fellow wheeler the other day who happens to own a company that makes high-end bicycle components. I told him what I was trying to do and he invited me by his shop to see if we could get something fabricated.
Thanks for the input. :beer: I'll let y'all know how it turns out.
CJ

Nah - you want some real steel to deflect the branches - not some steel wire :flipoff2:

wind1.jpg

george s (sunnyvale, ca)

BTW on the highway they are noisy as chit! and are kinda hard to get used to.......that and all the wierd looks from the other drivers :D

But pretty handy in the woods around here at least.

George!

I would like to be the first to welcome you here to the 80/100 section on ih8mud. We're glad you're here and hope you'll make this a regular part of your daily routine.

For those that may not know, George is *the* George of LED fame. And slider fame, and air compressor fame, and great web resource fame, and ....

He's an Aussie living here in the US for a while. Please be nice so he'll stay.

(George.... ignore all posts by Junk. IM me and I'll tell you how to make all his posts invisible to your browser. The information is free for you and C-Dan; $500 for anyone else.) :D

-B-

Beowulf - um, blush, thanks...

Hey, Junk isn't that bad - some folk just don't understand his loving & somewhat subtle advice :flipoff2:

george s

[quote author=george_tlc link=board=2;threadid=6476;start=msg53593#msg53593 date=1066798519]
Beowulf - um, blush, thanks...
Hey, Junk isn't that bad - some folk just don't understand his loving & somewhat subtle advice :flipoff2:[/quote]

Loving? :eek: :flipoff2: :D

Good to see ya aboard George!

Welcome George! And I'd also like to nominate Ferg's 80 series locker switch as the coolest sig picture on the list. Can't believe a 60 guy thought of it, but there you have it..

Doug

I think the diff lock picture would be very cool on the back on a t-shirt, with a slogan like, "It is hard to humble in a Land Cruiser" or "It's a Land Cruiser thing and we do understand!" or "Use at your at own risk!" or "Locked and Loaded!"

White t-shirt, black diff lock picture on the back and a front pocket with a small diff lock picture in black again.

Late,

uzj100

hey junk, hows uzj100's idea??? go well with the landcruiser, cause everything else sucks slogan....

George! My Man! Welcome! Are those LED enhanced brush deflectors?

Tnaks again for the door modules..Wonderful!

Kit

[quote author=bad_religion_au link=board=2;threadid=6476;start=msg53659#msg53659 date=1066829726]
hey junk, hows uzj100's idea??? go well with the landcruiser, cause everything else sucks slogan....
[/quote]

Ya never know what I may have in the works already. :D There could be some being made as I write this. 8) :flipoff2:

[quote author=Brentbba link=board=2;threadid=6476;start=msg52849#msg52849 date=1066666915]
Landpimp,

What's the white stuff under that beautiful white LC! Great pic with the dog! Woody ought to add that one to the home page.
[/quote]

What a great idea. Someone should suggest that to him. :D
Anything to get more 80s pics up there other than my Oops. :-[

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom