Braking Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rrv333

SILVER Star
Threads
Background, I've had my 40 a little over two years. During that time I've added a 4" OME lift and I've replaced all of the TRE's. Yesterday, I replaced the caliper's and rotors and bled the brakes to where she stops really well. My issue is that she pulls to the right when I apply the brakes. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I didn't have this braking issue prior to the caliper and rotor replacement.

Last edited:
hiya, I bet your left caliper is not working correctly. i'd lift the front end, get someone to push the brake pedal & see if you can move the front wheel. Or, it may be that your right caliper is not releasing as well when you lift off the brakes, & grabs faster than your left. if you can hear a lot of drag or if the right front wheel is hard to move when it's lifted, that maybe it. you may also have air in your left line.

just some thoughts,
best, ty
:beer:

Thanks for your response. I'll check on your suggestions.

Could be a defective caliper, or it could be that there is still air in the line one one side. Or debris.

Thank you, sir.

Ronnie, what calipers did you use?

Mine needs brake work right now; considering replacing the stock front calipers with '95 4Runner calipers.

Lee, i messaged you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom