Brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jfc

Threads
so lindsay said her brakes hit the floor the other day, so I took it out for a drive and everything seemed fine, checked the fluid and it was a little low.

So I did an investigatiohn and found every thing to be good except a leaky back cylinder.

I topped up the fluid just incase she needed the truck for and emergency.

Went to spray some penetrating fluid on the bleaders and lines yesturday to get ready for changing out the cylinders this weekend and noticed back fluid on the tire. Checked the fluid level and it was empty :eek:, truck didnt even move, no one pressed the brakes... I am guessing the cylinder is pretty wore and I pushed it more out of place putting the drum back on??

Anyway my question is, the brake shoes are good, is it ok just to brake clean the shoes and re-use them or should I be thowing new shoes on.

I would just brake clean the shoe and go, but I have brakes that I have to double pump, so you shouldn't take my advice.

I've gotten away with brake clean after a real axle seal soaked them in gear oil. :meh:

thx, will do, only supose to be -12 on sunday

I did that on O before I went to AK. Had no problems at all. Brakes work just fine (no pump pumpin it up like Deny)

Thanks guys, I assuume the HJ60 cylinders are the same as the BJ60, I have had a couple for a while, wonder if I ment to put them in my other truck and thats why I am having troubles bleadieng the breaks on that one.

yes I think that is why you are having trouble bleeding the brakes on your BJ60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom