Brakes pulling to the left (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 94 with 317k. The issue started about two weeks ago. I was off road and it felt like i hit a rock olny no rock and the wheel was ripped out of my hand. Intermittently after that when i come to a stop just before im stoped the wheel will pull left and the breaks would make a growling sound. I replaced my left caliper thinking that was it. Then noticed the soft lines were cracked. So far I have replaced the soft lines, all calipers front and rear, new pads, new master cylinder. We used a vacume pump to bleed the lines several times and also did it the old fashioned way. The temperature on each side of the rotors and hubs was within a couple of degrees. Is this a symptom of the ABS pump failing?

It’s time to start looking for bent parts.

I had the same issue on a 94 I worked on. Ended up being a bent axle. It drove straight but would pull to the side the axle was bent on.

It was braking fine up untill two weeks ago. Not sure how I would have bent anything. I didn't run into or over anything.

Check you just on the knuckle arms.

Also, do you have a cracked rotor?

What made it stop and pull left so hard if you didn't hit anything?

I believeit was a bad caliper on left side. The rotor looked good. I will check the knuckle arms. Thanks.

I have a ABS code 31. I searched but could not find how to clean the sensor. Can someone please let me know.

You'll see the sensor bolted into the knuckle with one 12mm head bolt. It takes literally a second to pull it out and clean it. Check the wire that leads to the sensor. Probably more likely it was damaged than the sensor being dirty.

Can it be cleaned with brake cleaner.
Front or back? The front sensor will be coated in grease. The rear sensor coated in brake dust. Be very careful removing both sensors. They are plastic and need to be pulled straight up. If you pry on them, they will break and you really don't want to know the MSRP on those. A lot of times, the magnetic tips will have metal collected on them that fouls the sensor operation. Clean the tips and you should be good to go.

Mine was pulling left a little lately - turned out to be a loose front left wheel bearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom