Brake Union 1968 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,,anybody know what the OEM part number is for the rear brake Union on a 1968 FJ.
image.jpeg

Not sure about part number, but they are 9mm fittings and not 10mm they started using in 71. I had to replace a couple of mine, just check the used parts guys, they had what I was looking for. Yours looks pretty clean there, does it need replacing? Just get a set of copper washers and go!

I was able to find new tube nuts to make new 9m brake lines, but I had to get one or two used unions in order to complete my brake restoration. I was not able to find any new 9mm unions.

Every time I see an early truck being wrecked out I grab the union bolts and nuts and junctions. Hoard son, hoard.

Now wait a second! You're on the side of the pond that generated these crazy metric sizes to begin with! And now you're asking us Yanks to help.:p

I'm in the same school as @cult45 . I probably have 20 of these, yet when I heard @Dynosoar was doing a rear disc conversion , there I was, collecting his old wheel cylinders and fittings.

Put an ad in the Wanted section.

Best

Thanks, the one off the truck has had the treads are stripped. Metric is great anybody who can count to ten on there fingures can use it but us Brits had nothing to do with it, the credit has to go to the French, I think they thought trying to use fractions after drinking wine was to hard so they invented the Metric system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom