brake system upgrade? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I have a stiff pedal with little to no stopping, I think my master cylinder has been going for awhile. I'm running the original brake system with a chevy v8 and 35" tires on my 85' 60. Should i stay original or are there better options? thanks, Chris

Search is your friend, probably a hundred threads on brake upgrades

this has been discussed in detail. I will say this its not enough to just upgrade one thing it won't work properly. It will probably work better than what you have because what you have is, in your words " been going for awhile". So if you want to upgrade now is the time to do it but you must do it all for it to work properly. Or just get new stock stuff and it will probably be good. The stock brakes are really pretty good.

There are several great threads on this, but I was kind of in a hurry and couldn't find any of the ones I had in mind but here it goes:

4runner calipers and a T100 mc (or FJ80 mc). This is a bolt on upgrade and will drastically improve braking performance. Do a search using these things on a 60 and you should come up with a lot of good stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom