Brake lines after OME Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Now that I have my lift installed, the OME Extra HD with spacers in the front, the brake warning light in the dash came on. Will I need to extend my brake lines, if yes, how much?

My 80 sits on 33" tires and measured from the ground till bottom of flare in wheel arch is 100cm (39") up front and 103cm (40.5") in the rear.

Lets say its a 2.5" lift will I then need 2.5" longer brake lines?

Thanks.....
Tobi

Now that I have my lift installed, the OME Extra HD with spacers in the front, the brake warning light in the dash came on. Will I need to extend my brake lines, if yes, how much?

My 80 sits on 33" tires and measured from the ground till bottom of flare in wheel arch is 100cm (39") up front and 103cm (40.5") in the rear.

Lets say its a 2.5" lift will I then need 2.5" longer brake lines?

Thanks.....
Tobi

Typically, the 2" to 2-1/2" lifts do not require new rubber hoses for that lift. But, since you added 1" spacers, then, yes, you should get the extended hoses.

I see you are in Germany, so I'm not sure your best source. I am planning on a lift, so when I recently re-did my brakes, I installed the Slee extended SS brake hoses, as they were a few $$ less than OEM. I had a difficult time determining longer OEM hoses, but maybe you can have better results.

Here's a list. Top 3 are the OEM with lengths. After that is a list of hoses of varying lengths. Colors indicate compatible ends. So red can be swapped for red, green for green.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1434805542.085345.jpg

Wait a second, your brake warning light came on? That has nothing to do with your lift or whether or not you need extended lines. Check your fluid level, your e-brake and switch, and abs system. Your light is on because the system detects a problem.

Wait a second, your brake warning light came on? That has nothing to do with your lift or whether or not you need extended lines. Check your fluid level, your e-brake and switch, and abs system. Your light is on because the system detects a problem.

Exactly. Also check the proportioning arm/valve area for the rear. And be SURE you didn't accidentally disconnect an ABS sensor (having done that once)

I checked the brake fluid and that was on MIN, added till MAX and thats fine now. The warning light is off.
Ill try and source OEM lines here in Germany, if not ill go with the SLEE option. Shipping to Germany is not a big deal these days.

Thanks for the help guys.

The question that still remains is why did your brake fluid become low when you installed the lift? Did you spring a leak somewhere? Or was it low and changing the angle of the truck caused it to go on? Best to drive around with a bottle of brake fluid until you're sure there isn't a slow leak.

I miself didnt install the lift, got it done in a truck shop. I need to ask if they disconected the brake hoses. Light is off after refilling the brake fluid from MIN till MAX.
My 80 will go back to the shop cause I need the caster bushes to be installed and new panhard rods.

Too late now since you did not do the job yourself, but I would look for and ask about any brake fluid puddle in the area where the truck had the work done.

Feel the brake lines with your hand to check for any fresh sign of brake liquid.
Maybe just pure coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom