Brake line plug for temp work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I hate opening the lines when working on brakes, seems like everything has to be in a hurry because the Master Cylinder is slowing hemorrhaging and SOB! if that thing goes dry on you its a real damn headache.

This AM I made two of these little plugs for solving just this problem. There's probably something just like at Autozone, but you better know what vehicle it fits or they can't find it...:censor:. I needed to stop the bleeding on the LSVP lines while I took my time getting the old one off.

I turned a mild steel plug that drops into a standard tubing flare fitting.
Lv4jmSZl.jpg

Evo7HURl.jpg

And plug welded it from the end.
3O3BQwxl.jpg

To make sure it sealed, I took a short length of small diameter brass tubing to make a gasket.
ckLktTfl.jpg

kZdDAKBl.jpg

And dropped it into a union, then snugged the new plug down over it to form the flare/gasket.
GLMqPEkl.jpg

GmMRokhl.jpg

Here they can be seen in use on the input lines for the LSVP.
1606490992412.png

I hate opening the lines when working on brakes, seems like everything has to be in a hurry because the Master Cylinder is slowing hemorrhaging and SOB! if that thing goes dry on you its a real damn headache.

This AM I made two of these little plugs for solving just this problem. There's probably something just like at Autozone, but you better know what vehicle it fits or they can't find it...:censor:. I needed to stop the bleeding on the LSVP lines while I took my time getting the old one off.

I turned a mild steel plug that drops into a standard tubing flare fitting.
Lv4jmSZl.jpg

Evo7HURl.jpg

And plug welded it from the end.
3O3BQwxl.jpg

To make sure it sealed, I took a short length of small diameter brass tubing to make a gasket.
ckLktTfl.jpg

kZdDAKBl.jpg

And dropped it into a union, then snugged the new plug down over it to form the flare/gasket.
GLMqPEkl.jpg

GmMRokhl.jpg

Here they can be seen in use on the input lines for the LSVP.
View attachment 2508327

That’s cool but I just use these... Swpeet 100Pcs High Temp Silicone Rubber Protective Tapered Plug Assortment Kit, Masking System Kit Perfect for Powder Coating, Painting, Anodizing, Plating & Media Blasting Amazon product ASIN B07KJYPGT5

Yup easy way is rubber line or vacuum line, shove a bolt in one end then shove the open end over the line you just opened

For those I would typically borrow the little dust caps from bleeder valves. You can slide the threaded collar up a bit and the put the little cap on the flared end of the line.

So what ya'll are sayin', is I probably went a little overboard. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom