Brake issues on 79 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Somewhere around $3500, I think from memory, and something like $1600 for the transfer handbrake alone.

Wow that's some crazy cost I was think a couple of 100

Good info mate maybe they should have stuck with the hand brake on the transfer case like in the 40 series

Have you checked all your wheel bearings are tight? When mine are loose my car suffers from pad "knock off" which means I have to pump the pedal before they come good. On my previous middy replacing the brake booster and master also helped.

Have you checked all your wheel bearings are tight? When mine are loose my car suffers from pad "knock off" which means I have to pump the pedal before they come good. On my previous middy replacing the brake booster and master also helped.

Never heard of that mate I'll have to check it out when it in the air
cheers bud

howdy ho

got the ute on the hoist tonight after work
first prob i came across was a really loose front rhs wheel bearing when i grabed the wheel top and bottom i could rock it .. but its was only the other week when i checked my brake pads there was no movment and another issue after i took the hub of the c clip thats gos onto the CV wasnt on either
Any ideas?

2nd
the rest went good got the diff out in know time, the size of the front diff gears are pathetic no damage to CV's i thought it would bust a CV before teeth on the gears
i was counting the teeth on the crown wheel marking each tooth with chalk.. it got a bit hard to mark some teeth as 5 were missing and sitting in the bottom of my housing yummy

The teeth count is
43 on the crown wheel and 10 on the pinion soo thats is a 4.3 i take it ??

so ill be getting new bearings kits etc
but in the 5th pic the back of the swivel (im not sure of the right name) its leaking grease what needs to be fixed to stop this leak/seep of cv grease

hultsy maybe my the loose front wheel bearing is causing the "pad knock" having a bit to do with my brake issues

thanks in advance for the helps fellas
IMG_0209.jpg
IMG_0210.jpg
IMG_0211.jpg

few teeth i found
the 5th pics ..what needs to be done to fix stop the seep/leak?
IMG_0212.jpg
IMG_0213.jpg

Okie dokie
pretty much now have a fully rebuilt front diff and oils in every thing nearlly all back to gether but can't get the c clip over the cv behind the hub
does any one know what can help this issue ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom