brake booster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

What is a direct bolt in replacement for a 71 pig brake booster? I'm looking for a booster that I can bolt in without changing out brake lines (maybe a mini truck???). Or is it better to have booster dewey do a rebuild? Also, will a vacuum leak within the brake booster not allow my vacuum shift 4wd engage? Thanks for any help and answers.

Brian

'71 rebuilt stock boosters are also available in Burbank.

Just sayin.

I have a '92 4Runner master/booster in my 55.Bolts right up.Needed a 1/2 spacer between booster and firewall,or cut the pedal rod down 1/2".I used a spacer to clear the lip on the firewall
DSCN0527.jpg

Can you run a stock MC with a 4runner booster?

Yeah, I have a brand new stock master cylinder and would like to keep it. It looks like a mini truck booster is about the same size, does any one have thoughts or use one like that?
Thanks

I have the same set up on my 72, 80 master on a Booster Dewey rebuilt that he did just a couple of months ago. Works great with 6o disc front, drum rear. When my booster went bad the vac leak caused idling, timing, and engine heat up issues so it could be causing your problems.

'71 rebuilt stock boosters are also available in Burbank.

Just sayin.
I think I could use a 71 booster. I've been trying to diagnose my stumbling motor issue and have discovered a slight continuous hissing at the booster. When I pull the vacuum line to the booster and plug it, the truck seems to run much better (but stops much worse). Do you still have some of those rebuilt boosters?

I think I could use a 71 booster. I've been trying to diagnose my stumbling motor issue and have discovered a slight continuous hissing at the booster. When I pull the vacuum line to the booster and plug it, the truck seems to run much better (but stops much worse). Do you still have some of those rebuilt boosters?

Still do ;). 818-953-9230

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom