Brake Booster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The brake booster from my 72 FJ40 is shot. Where is a good buy that is reputable? SOR is over 600 bucks and Parts Barn and like parts centers (Cardone brand) is about $130. That is one heck of a spread! Mine is sucking air around the M/C actuator rod. Is a rebuild that tough?
Thanks to all, your a great bunch
:cheers:

The brake booster from my 72 FJ40 is shot. Where is a good buy that is reputable? SOR is over 600 bucks and Parts Barn and like parts centers (Cardone brand) is about $130. That is one heck of a spread! Mine is sucking air around the M/C actuator rod. Is a rebuild that tough?
Thanks to all, your a great bunch
:cheers:
I tried going the auto parts store route and ended up finding out that no one could deliver the dual diaphram booster, even though there listed on there sites. Spoke to booster rebuilders and found out that unless you could provide them the rebuild kit that they couldn't help either. Ended up going with a new mini truck booster. $90.00 shipped, bolted right up and only had to cut the booster rod to pedal.

Do a search on here. There are lots of options. Most people it seems opt for the mini truck booster. I got one from a 91 V6 mini truck from a junk yard with the M/C for $45. It has worked great for the last 3 years. If you go this route, don't forget the check valve. The Land Cruiser boosters have an internal check valve. Mini trucks have an external check valve inline on the vacuum hose. I also had to shorten the pushrod from the pedal about 1/2" so the brakes wouldn't drag. It was no big deal.

Good luck! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom