Bought 100 Series, about to roll over 100k.. where to start with maintenance? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought a 2005 Land Cruiser with 98k on the clock in mid August. I had a built up 2017 4Runner TRD OR along with a couple other Toyota’s over the years, so they aren’t new to me. That being said, I always considered the Land Cruisers to be a “buy for life” type of rig if well maintained.

The LC has a clean carfax and is overall in good shape. I’m in TX now and it’s clear by the underside (and carfax) that it spent some winters up north. Still, not nearly as bad as many northern vehicles, but will be replacing/cleaning up the underside as I can. A few pics of the underside below.

With the above in mind, what should I start looking at inspecting/replacing to bulletproof this thing? The carfax has shown pretty regular oil changes most of it’s life. It had the timing belt/water pump changed this spring.

Already done:
96k miles - timing belt, water pump, oil change
98k miles - 275/75r17 Ridge Grapplers, Icon Wheels
98.5k - Dobinson IMF suspension lift, Diff Drop, SPC UCA’s

When using the heat gun to mold the fender liners, I noticed that the sway bar end link bushings were way worn, and the end links rusted in general, so ordered some new ones.

Planning next:
Front/rear diff fluid
Transfer case fluid
Lubricate drive shafts
Transmission fluid exchange
Metal Tech Sliders

3C94E111-8354-4F42-8BCB-CA626DBFB3B1.jpeg

DC6C361F-817D-4CCD-AA4D-6F8820867925.jpeg

7AF8C7BE-3612-4E08-82D0-EE4DC75A6B17.jpeg

heater T's?
trans service?

Gonna need a larger orange cone with the new lift.

Re-torque valve cover bolts.
Checkup/possibly replace PCV.

Bought 100 Series, about to roll over 100k.. where to start with maintenance?​

I prefer to put out fires instead of trying to keep them from happening. :)

Fellow Houstonian here. Welcome to the group and hope to see you around town!

Change all fluids if not done already. That's really pretty much it. Everything else you just look over and fix what isn't right, like your sway link bushings. Maybe even get extended ones.

Fellow Houstonian here. Welcome to the group and hope to see you around town!

Change all fluids if not done already. That's really pretty much it. Everything else you just look over and fix what isn't right, like your sway link bushings. Maybe even get extended ones.

Thanks! I heard about a Houston LC Facebook group that does meetups, but was unable to find it. Would you happen to know anything about it?

Add heater t's to your list. Outside of that, spark plugs may be a 100k service item. Other than that, just drive it and have fun.

Super clean and great looking 100 man,

Can I get the details on the wheel specs and tire size? They look great!

Thanks,
Zack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom