1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost Gauge

Discussion in '70-Series Tech' started by RHD Toyota's, Aug 15, 2006.

1. RHD Toyota's

RHD Toyota's

I just recently purchased an autometer boost/vaccum gauge and I'm lost as to where I attach my "T" fiting to get my readings

2. Stone

Stone Moderator

3. RHD Toyota's

RHD Toyota's

it's a 1991 LJ78 Prado with the 2L-TE

4. Stone

Stone Moderator

Oh, okay...

I think that's still a wastegate controlled turbo, in which case you will find a rubber hose similar to the one pictured in my BJ74 that returns from your cross-over pipe to the turbo wastegate. If you have the right sized T, you can splice into this tube like I have.

There should be a sensor that activates the green and orange LEDs on your dash depending on the pressure generated by your turbo. In my 13B-T, there's a small nipple on the front of my cross-over pipe that has a small rubber tubing attached to it...this is where the sensor gets its feed. If you have the right sized T for this tube, you can also splice it in here to get your boost readings.

Whatever method you choose, make sure that all of your connections are tightened down with clamps or zip ties to prevent air leaks.

Lastly, your kit should have included a bung that you can screw into a hole that you drill and tap. If you use this method, take off your intake cross-over pipe and drill and tap a location that is closer towards the intake manifold. Make sure that your hole is clean inside out and free of burrs before you put it back together.

Good luck.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">