Bolt on turbo upgrade now available - 12HT/1HDT and 1HD-FT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would like to get it dynoed again to check and be sure. It made around 97kw at wheels at its peak (just past 3000rpm). Std at 100kw flywheel, they do 67kw at wheels, so it has to be at least making 130kw. Since the vehicle isnt intercooled, the power drops off at top rpms quite a bit.

The dyno I used operates as an intertia dyno when doing a full rpm run which is really useless for a turbo diesel. The dyno does have a retarder which I was forced to use to demonstrate steady state (or close to) conditions (ie: near real world). Anyway, the dyno I use is being modified to use some retarder during the power run (absolutely essential for what we are interested in).

A proper dyno report will come.

So, I guess restating what has already been said, based on real world conditions, its got greater than 70% more power at 1600rpm than stock and makes already the same as stock peak power at wheels (which is where is counts) by about 1650rpm (compared to ~ 3400rpm... stock). Thats a monumental difference on a vehicle with only and exhaust and turbo mod.

Recently a poor old fella with a RD28ETi drove it while it was on Vege (which makes 10% less power) and he was gobsmacked and wanted to use it to tow his GU Patrol to the dump..... (Actually I dont mind them once you get past ~ 2000rpm, they go quite well)

From the dyno test, can you determine what the horsepower at the crank is? Thanks.

:beer: Chad

There is/was a 2H in Europe (youtube vid) that ran 8.5mm injector elements and big turbo off a Scania 12L truck. It made alot of power (and smoke....)

160cc of fuel.....

Just wondering if it were yours?

No, sorry... but it reminds me of one hell of a 2h from Finland. I'll seek the clip.

From the dyno test, can you determine what the horsepower at the crank is? Thanks.

:beer: Chad

Chad,

Yes you can.

They are clever machines in that doing the power run takes the engine revs up to maximum, then the operator takes his foot quickly off the throttle and the engine slows down.

The dyno computer measures this slow down and determines the load or drag in the powertrain. Then this figure is added to the 'at the wheels' measurement to get the at the crankshaft measurement.

At least that is how it was explained to me when my 450nm at 1800 rpm 12h-t was being dynoed.

Tim

who do i need to get i touch with to get one of the turbos for my 60 i am in perth

thanks

nedwjks,

You need to send a PM, personal message, to gbentink. Find one of his posts, click on his user name, find his profile and make contact via that.

Yes, gbentink is in Perth, Western Australia too.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom