SOLD Boise, ID 1978 FJ40 Restomod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Yellow
78’ FJ40. Started its life in Mountain Home Idaho and never left the state, at least for too long. I acquired this rig a year and a half ago after my father passed. He had owned it for 29 years. It has multiple modifications and upgrades throughout the years, I’ll do my best to list them all.

*Chevy Small block conversion with the original 4 speed transmission.
*Power steering modification.
*Disc brake conversion all four wheels
*3” Old Man Emu lift
*Gearing was re-done down to 4:55 I believe. Currently has an Aussie locker or Lunch box locker installed in the rear diff. A Yukon pneumatic selectable locker will come with the Cruiser. It has been
prepped and built in a donor third member housing and is ready to be installed.
*Upgraded interior seats. The rear jump seats were replaced with a bench. Driver side seat rail was modified to allow taller drivers more leg room.
* Tuffy lockable center console installed
*Warn Winch. Model M8274, CB radio and antenna will come with the rig.
* 31” Mickey Thompson MTZ P5s Installed on 17” Stealth Custom Series “Dark Bronze” wheels.
* Aftermarket telescopic side view mirrors. I still have the originals which will go with the sell
* After market steering wheel is installed but I also have the original steering wheel which can be swapped out if you so please.
* The rear tire carrier has a custom basket to fit a Yeti 45 cooler.
* A Vintage Air A/C unit was installed. While installing it my Dad had a custom aluminum radiator installed. This thing does NOT get hot,

The Cruiser was stripped down to the frame in 2015. Two years later it finally met pavement (and trails) again after being “restored”. During that time my father fixed and replaced body panels that had acquired rust over the years. The body was repainted The original Mustard Yellow and put back together. It is a VERY clean and reliable rig. It has just over 94K miles on the odometer and I have a stack of papers, receipts, and driving log that account for this 40’s life for the last 29 years. All that being said it is not a car show princess. It does have minor dings and scratches, it is still driven and used from time to time. Asking 30K. DM me with questions. I’ll try and answer as quickly as I can.

524C7E94-E32E-499B-9710-385BC8384821.jpeg

65C0A308-BC97-4509-BAFC-EF5CFA7ADD08.jpeg

E3860118-20E1-4242-AA89-2E7C35DC2FE7.jpeg

AC413D76-0879-4C2E-A670-DB9A016CD132.jpeg

2482A433-10CA-4138-8C43-2C51AFBC3E6D.jpeg

How open are you to being guilted into keeping it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom