Body Color Opinion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been searching for a GX470 for a bit. My wife and I definitely don’t agree on exterior color. She wants me to stick with black/white/silver. I don’t mind the blue (reminds me of my old Toyota Pick-up), the Ash Blue Mica (it looks a little grey to me at times). I am not a fan of the gold, but I’m not sure about the Sand Dollar Pearl (Tan)? Could it be a cool “desert” like tan (desirable) Or is it “old Man tan” all day long (undesirable)?

52988AEA-1EF2-4367-80D6-3A94888A4E8F.png

I'm partial to the ash blue mica, though it wasn't originally the color I wanted which was white. However, the white has known issues with actually staying on the car that most of the other colors don't have, so you may want to take that into account when shopping.

I forgot to mention it is the blizzard pearl and another bright shade (super white or something like that) that have the issues.

I'd also suggest out of the black/white/silver shades you look at the silver - it looks very nice on the GX.

I forgot to mention it is the blizzard pearl and another bright shade (super white or something like that) that have the issues.

I'd also suggest out of the black/white/silver shades you look at the silver - it looks very nice on the GX.
My '06 Blizzard pearl has been garaged and well polished / waxed and is as new. I have extreme winter conditions but not hot conditions here in the Sierra.

I like that color.

Thanks for the input. I got pictures of the frame and it was not great (some surface rust, not bad). So, I found a truly rust free one I’m having shipped up from Texas. It’s white, so my wife will be happy.

Thanks for the input. I got pictures of the frame and it was not great (some surface rust, not bad). So, I found a truly rust free one I’m having shipped up from Texas. It’s white, so my wife will be happy.

You happen to buy one from united auto group? They always have like 6-12 of GX470’s on hand.

They had a green one I really liked but wasn’t in as good of shape as the one I ended up with. It was a close call, the green one’s previous owner put a wireless charger directly on the dash and the dash ripped.

You happen to buy one from united auto group? They always have like 6-12 of GX470’s on hand.

They had a green one I really liked but wasn’t in as good of shape as the one I ended up with. It was a close call, the green one’s previous owner put a wireless charger directly on the dash and the dash ripped.

Not United Auto Group...thanks for the heads up

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom