Bodie Hills (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looking for suggestions for 2-3 night Bodie Hills trip; land marks, trails, routes, camp sites, etc. I see quite a lot of trails on the map...Looking for routes that are less traveled, more remote, and/or more challenging. This would be more or less an out-and-back from 395, but not opposed to covering some ground and landing in Nevada. Snowpack looks to be minimal in the area so an April trip might be on the horizon. Any tips from experienced travelers welcome. Thanks
download.png

There is a nice loop you could do starting from Bridgeport that takes you in to Bodie from the north, that's pretty fun, some mine camps and such. Masonic(?) I think that's one of the several sites you might find. Lots of side roads, etc as well.

I'm sure there are ways to loop that in to some Nevada trails and ghost towns to the east, then return into CA on 167 or something. But that might get to be a trek.

Mt. Patterson Trail, starts aprox 10 or so miles North of Bridgeport on 395. (Can also start in Nv. at the opposite end.). Not dangerous but can be somewhat challenging & gets up to 12k at the top.

Great views & outstanding history. This trail can be found in one of Roger Mitchell’s books. Really a good trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom