Bluetooth in Tundras (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know what year Bluetooth music playback capability became available in tundras?

My dads 2008 was recently totaled after he was rear ended at a stoplight. So he is on the search for a new tundra. His, like my 2007, only has ability to do Bluetooth phone calls.

His rental for the past two weeks (a 2018 ram 🤢) has full Bluetooth and CarPlay, I don’t think he can go back to the dark ages.

Any knowledge on the evolution of the tundras technology would be much appreciated!

I have had good luck with an aftermarket GROM-BT3 module (bought on Amazon) on my 2006 tundra, it plugs into a port on the back of the factory unit that was meant for a CD changer. It works great, you can even adjust volume and skip songs with the factory steering wheel buttons. Check the GROM specs to verify that a similar unit works on 2007/2008 tundras.

Toyota took forever to do this stuff compared to the competition. The nice thing about these Tundras and Sequoias that has me looking at them is the standard double DIN stereo that's not all tied into the central systems such as climate controls like a lot of the competition does. Pretty simple to swap yourself or have your local shop do it and it can be either really affordable or the sky is the limit. Very easy to upgrade these to modern specs or even get a better system than most come with these days.

My 2013 tundra has Bluetooth - my 2007 like yours did not.

So - at least 2013

Last edited:
My 2010 does BT music

My 2019 Platinum still does not have CarPlay. Or a charging pad. Ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom