Blue Mule resto in Malawi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dan your thread, resto in Malawi and all the globe trotting you and the mule have done is QUITE amazing. Great chatting with you the other day and look forward to getting together for a beer or two!!

I remember binging on your build many years ago and have just been through it again, coming from that part of the world I could really relate. I would love to know how the paint etc held up over the years ? would you still use RB if you were to do it again ?
cheers for the inspiration Dan

I remember binging on your build many years ago and have just been through it again, coming from that part of the world I could really relate. I would love to know how the paint etc held up over the years ? would you still use RB if you were to do it again ?
cheers for the inspiration Dan
Hey, thanks for checking in. The Blue Mule is still a daily driver. The paint has held up better than expected. I attribute some of that to the RB - every part of the Mule that got the RB treatment is still in good, rust-free condition, even the frame. The parts where we couldn't treat the rust on reassembly - mostly the rear sill I couldn't get a replacement for, and a couple other areas we had to patch rather than replace - have since developed rust. The worst area is that rear sill, which we will likely replace when I am moved to tear the tub down enough to get to it 🙄. FWIW, I use RB on all my vehicles if I find a rust spot, even on my little tractor. That stuff is virtually nuke proof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom