Blizzard White LX470 Slow Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So far I haven't done much, and I haven't kept it up to date. Here is a teaser:
20180310_093908.jpg

The box of parts above was for front mudflaps that were back ordered for over a month from Discount Parts Monster. I know, I’m going the opposite direction of most folks here by adding mudflaps. But I really prefer the finished look after removing the running boards. I was real excited to get these on, but ran into a couple of small problems.. the main was that the threaded holes were just a bit corroded where the Mudflap Bracket attaches to the body (I’ll include the accurate parts list for the install at the end). The passenger side went on pretty well, although I should have realized that I was fighting the aforementioned bolts too much. The bottom bolt in the picture is the one that didn’t break! And yes, broke off in the hole.
A70E1DF2-9DFA-47E7-BC8D-4AF693B35ED5.jpeg

I drilled out the top hole then tapped it to clean the threads. I used the above screws I picked up at HD in place of the broken one and the bent one. This LX by the way is very clean, and very free of rust, so if you decide to do this in the rust belt, make sure the threaded holes are in good shape first! I’ll be ordering some stainless replacements shortly.
066265E4-F017-41B8-B833-FE970AD35DD4.jpeg

Below is my next oops... I had two right sides ordered by accident. I already had discovered my error, and ordered a new left side, but still mixed them up and bolted up the wrong one :bang:
A392116F-FD9E-45E6-B04D-4D446B6B2653.jpeg

Ok, now I got the right one on.
98387B9D-2A8A-499F-AF47-13C77187E823.jpeg

Here’s the passenger side one. I think they look great! Let’s hope I don’t tear them off...
7A5A09FE-287B-4D7D-913F-8743A79AFAEA.jpeg

Here’s the correct parts list.
1B68CFC4-85AE-4548-9F37-A2FEAB1A28EA.jpeg

I had trouble finding good instructions for popping this bezel (I have the commonly available 2004 LC FSM that doesn’t seem to include Nav units?). But I got confirmation that all I have to do is pop it here. The trim on these is much tighter than I’m used to, so I was a bit nervous about breaking something. It was easy though, really.
F0083778-3D48-4247-BEE6-6D619CE882BD.jpeg

I was pulling it install a cell phone bracket by Panavise (15585 & 751371203 are the part numbers). I don’t like vent brackets or window suction cups very much. These brackets are very solid. The only thing is I only used the one screw hole that’s visible. You’re supposed to use the other two holes, but essentially requires pulling the entire head unit to drill & screw. Being pressed for time, I tried just one. With the bezel reinstalled, its very tight. I’ll have to pull it all to install VAIS BT & Sat Radio at some point soon anyway so I’ll add the other two screws then.
9E7C850F-A478-4ACC-B262-0909D74FC0DD.jpeg

Completed install. Great bracket!
211AC37F-D597-4C5D-BA7E-A8A5A1AACC17.jpeg

Did one more thing today. The auto wipers were wonky as s**t and I had heard that if you unplug them, the system returns to regular old interval. Yup, it works. I may try to replace the sensor at some point as I’ve heard great things about the auto wipers, but mine were terrible, going fast at a drizzle, not wiping in downpours, and just doing whatever they damn well pleased. So I’m loving intervals!

I can’t, but I’ll bet it’s the same. I have an extra R side mud flap bracket I’ll send your way for nuthin’ if you decide to order parts!

Check my part numbers online, and it should show you what they fit. Or your local Lexus parts counter.

That’s great thanks!
I’ll let you know if I get around to it. I’m still trying to convince my family the running boards need to go but I might start collecting parts just in case

Thanks for the great post, pictures, and detail. The project page is cool. I just purchased a 2005, Pearl White. We could have swapped chrome for gold, I kinda like that anniversary gold look.

Thanks for the great post, pictures, and detail. The project page is cool. I just purchased a 2005, Pearl White. We could have swapped chrome for gold, I kinda like that anniversary gold look.

Ha, yeah everyone’s got their thing! Can’t stand the gold, lol! I may even plastidip the small chrome strip that runs along the side molding! That reminds me, the power antenna has a gold trim ring on it....

Ha, yeah everyone’s got their thing! Can’t stand the gold, lol! I may even plastidip the small chrome strip that runs along the side molding! That reminds me, the power antenna has a gold trim ring on it....

That’s great thanks!
I’ll let you know if I get around to it. I’m still trying to convince my family the running boards need to go but I might start collecting parts just in case

I’ve heard that sometimes it’s easier to ask forgiveness than permission....

No idea why that posted twice above...

Lets see those 275/70/18 At3ws!

Had some parts come in last week for a small repair. I noticed my key fob had cracked, and later that evening it just broke off. So I grabbed my spare and placed an order with YotaMD for a new white fob. The color to match the car of course! It came with everything I needed plus extra.
8804EB56-8F17-4462-AAB4-FC543962F309.jpeg

The finished product. Very slick. And this thing is rock-solid! I tried to review on Amazon but it’s only allowing verified purchasers right now.
D452FB03-F13F-4C7E-AAF2-0C0909111380.jpeg

Now where’s my package from Landshark Outfitters? I’m feeling very impatient!:cautious:

Nice Thread!
I am from St. Louis. Currently living out of the country but if you ever need a Mechanic check out MT Scheile on Watson they are Toyota people. Brad (head mechanic there) has a Built Green 100. They are HONEST guys who do a great job and take PRIDE in their work especially spending some extra love an attention on a Lexus / Toyota. Very Fair and are not going to try and sell you some BS.

Yup. I’ve been taking my 4Runner there for a while. They are enthusiasts, solid and honest for sure!

Anyone else from St. Louis area? @mightymouse

Found you....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom