BlipShift LC80

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
100% tech related... What oil should I use in my 1997 Land Cruiser if I wear this tee shirt? Also, I am trying to add a cup holder. Will this tee shirt help? Lastly, what’s the largest tire I can fit on my unlifted 80 if I’m wearing this shirt?

47BA5841-3723-4C63-9E6E-253D3F9438D5.jpeg

LOL I bought one!

Why do these sales have endings? Why not just keep selling them if people are willing to buy them?

The exclusivity of having one shirt for sale at a time with limited production makes it a novelty and pressures people into impulse buys. Look how many tshirt companies there are out there with 1000s of designs to filter through and get lost in, only to eventually not get anything.

Blip is actually a neat model. Designs are submitted by random artists. If your design is chosen, you get a small lump of cash and $1 per item sold.

The exclusivity of having one shirt for sale at a time with limited production makes it a novelty and pressures people into impulse buys. Look how many tshirt companies there are out there with 1000s of designs to filter through and get lost in, only to eventually not get anything.

Blip is actually a neat model. Designs are submitted by random artists. If your design is chosen, you get a small lump of cash and $1 per item sold.
Except I have never even heard of it until today and I would have probably bought one of those shirts if they were still available. Also, there were only 75,000 80 Series sold in the US, so even if everyone that ever owned one bought the shirt, that would still only be a very small fraction of the 320 million Americans that wear shirts.

Seems like they lost a sale to me.

You can set up an email alert, and you will get notified if/ when they bring it back. They'll bring it back. I have been waiting for an LC shirt for awhile. I've also been waiting to get a Volvo shirt too, and what do you know, they have one right now actually!

Volvo.PNG

Why do these sales have endings? Why not just keep selling them if people are willing to buy them?

With an end date, they get more impulse buys.

The biggest reason for the end date and short window, is that they never have overstock. Once the window closes, they know exactly how many and of what size shirts they need to make to fulfill the orders. No excess, no waste, better margins. Also, when you end up having a hit, you can bring it back later for a second round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom