Black Balsam Work Days and Sponsorship (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.nexgencontractors.com
Hey everyone I am currently working with the Pisgah district ranger about getting the camping area opened back up for vehicles to be able to park and camp on the grassy bald. The ranger seems to be helpful and I am making pretty good headway with her on the project so far. It seems the main concern is protecting the integrity of not only the grassy area but also the vegetation around it. It sounds like they may be willing to set up UC as a volunteer group to help maintain the area as part of the possibility of opening the area back up. Also we may need to put up additional barricades to protect the tall vegetation surrounding the grassy bald and I also suggested we put a sign at the entrance of the road by the gate notifying hikers of the vehicle activity on the road to reduce confusion and negative phone calls to the ranger. I will know more after some more communication with the ranger and will keep everyone posted. In the meantime I would like to get a list of interested volunteers that would be interested in helping with the initial project once the time comes.

Hey everyone I am currently working with the Pisgah district ranger about getting the camping area opened back up for vehicles to be able to park and camp on the grassy bald. The ranger seems to be helpful and I am making pretty good headway with her on the project so far. It seems the main concern is protecting the integrity of not only the grassy area but also the vegetation around it. It sounds like they may be willing to set up UC as a volunteer group to help maintain the area as part of the possibility of opening the area back up. Also we may need to put up additional barricades to protect the tall vegetation surrounding the grassy bald and I also suggested we put a sign at the entrance of the road by the gate notifying hikers of the vehicle activity on the road to reduce confusion and negative phone calls to the ranger. I will know more after some more communication with the ranger and will keep everyone posted. In the meantime I would like to get a list of interested volunteers that would be interested in helping with the initial project once the time comes.
im in

I'm definitely in.

In the meantime I would like to get a list of interested volunteers that would be interested in helping with the initial project once the time comes.

I'd definitely be interested in helping. Could you please start this as a new thread? Maybe we can get LCLC and ONSC to lend a hand... The whole community needs to pitch in to keep the trails open.

You know I'm in

I'm in

In pending date for work days. It of vacation time!

In pending date for work days. It of vacation time!
Gabe, you ok? Happy belated birthday! Maybe you are still recovering from celebrating and aren't quite yet able to type coherent thoughts......hope to see you this evening?

At the beach with the family. Be back Saturday night. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom