BJ42 4WD light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

plink01

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys i have an Australian 1982 BJ42 and it doesn't come with the 4WD light on the dash. It's got Park Brake, Brake and Filter as you can see in the photo. I'd love to add a 4wd light but i'm not sure where to begin. Its got a H41 transmission, non vacuum transfer case.

Years before and after seem to have the light, from what i can tell it only seems to be 82' that didn't recieve one.

Is it possible i have just a bolt in place of where the switch would screw into on the transfer case? If thats the case does anyone know the part number of the switch that would screw in and where it is located?? I can't find anything.

I have found this light online i could install into one of the empty dash holes or into my roof console.

1613973359126.png

Current light set up.

20210215_183803.jpg

Thanks for your help!!

Hey guys i have an Australian 1982 BJ42 and it doesn't come with the 4WD light on the dash. It's got Park Brake, Brake and Filter as you can see in the photo. I'd love to add a 4wd light but i'm not sure where to begin. Its got a H41 transmission, non vacuum transfer case.

Years before and after seem to have the light, from what i can tell it only seems to be 82' that didn't recieve one.

Is it possible i have just a bolt in place of where the switch would screw into on the transfer case? If thats the case does anyone know the part number of the switch that would screw in and where it is located?? I can't find anything.

I have found this light online i could install into one of the empty dash holes or into my roof console.

View attachment 2592839

Current light set up.

View attachment 2592844

Thanks for your help!!

YES

YES

and

Heck YEa ......

i have done this MOD several times

your on the right track & i offer the OEM Toyota Switch too

PM sent..............

I have a few split cases for 40 series, 82, 83 and 84. Think you will find that is not just a bolt but rather a spring and steel ball under that bolt. Used to fit notches in the shift fork shaft to hold in both 2WD and 4WD. Can double check tomorrow but 10/82 was the date the switch for 4WD was added. One piece had it on the vacuum shifter. In the US at least first switch on a manual shift transfer in an LC was 10/82.

Get a FJ62 transfer case and convert it to manual shift you can have lights for 2WD, 4WD high, neutral and 4WD low. Just add the lights and a few relays.

Awesome thanks guys. Mine is 3/82.

20190717_064831.jpg

I'd love to have a 4wd light but im not going to do a transfer case swap to achieve it. I can't really provide more photos.
If it's much harder than putting the switch in then it might not be a go'er.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom