Wanted BJ40/BJ42 wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 1978 I imported from Australia. I was going to register it and get a Missouri title here soon. Send me you email address and I will send you some pictures

TOYOTA-LAND-CRUISER-00.jpg
TOYOTA-LAND-CRUISER-04.jpg
20190319_082156[4082].jpg
20190506_112300[4067].jpg
20190726_094233[4291].jpg

thoughts on this one please .

im looking to buy this one ,but new to the toyota bj40 seen and wondered if there are any signs to be concern about in the photos .;)

im looking to buy this one ,but new to the toyota bj40 seen and wondered if there are any signs to be concern about in the photos .;)
Depends on what you ate looking for. The rust on the fender and door frame can become an issue. The exterior foot well plates added on after market may be hiding more rust. The interior footwells likely have rust and likely have it under the protective sealant. I would check the undercarriage really closely in the foot well areas.

thanks you , in photo 7 just to the left of the seat bet fixing , does the look odd to you .

It has some mixed parts like the LHD Blower fan and a different P/S Pump etc so I am guessing it has seen some tweaks and I would check where it was delivered

thanks again I didn't know or notice the Blower or pump anything else , seems to be some areas with filler the front wings don't look to bad some rust the spraying is bad a lot of over spray, the 1 rear interior photo looks like patches have been welded in .
Gearbox is leaking ,chassis is covered in something god knows what .
The BJ is from Germany and there MOT or TUV check which is done every 2 years and are very strick even the front fenders are a fail ,so I would think the chassis has been checked very closely .

im not sure if someone has tried to make it look good or just a bad restoration , just wonder what is under that filler .

fenders are not RHD that is a LHD Fender which has been cut to clear box.

What is he after $$$$ wise that will say more about how much we pick it apart for you lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom