Bi-Week Rig 10/20 - Bob Garrett (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here's my Bi-week rig:

Purchased in 2004 from a friend who was the original owner. It had 250k on it, completely stock, except for 31" tires. First pic was taken just after I installed the lift and Marlin Hy-Steer. Engine is original, except for a new timing chain and guides. Still runs well with good compression and will average 20mpg on the highway!

Current mods:
4" Alcan springs w/ el cheapo Monroe shocks
Marlin Hy-Steer
Vented rotors w/V6 calipers
Marlin 4.7 t-case gears
FROR twin stick
5:29 gears, Aussie locker in rear, fj80 HP w/ARB in front
Longfield 27 spline front axles, Smurfield treated birfields
16" rims w/35" MTRs and 2" spacers
Custom front bumper w/Warn 9500xp
Custom rock sliders
SR5 gauges
91 Celica seats
Extra set of half doors w/quick release hinges from 4xInnovations (modifed for 1st gen truck)

Pending Mods:
2nd t-case
Bud Built skid plate
New shock mounts and shocks
Bed bob
Rock lights
IMG_1803.JPG
IMG_1965.JPG
DSC00601.JPG

Bob that third pic of you is the best one I have seen of you in a long time. :)

Kinda captures my good side, don't you think? :D

Bob-

Nice shot from Flat & Nasty. Now stop talking about that 2nd case and get it installed:flipoff2:

Very cool Bob! I love the 1st gens... I like how you have 3 pics and 3 sets of tires..... Aren't a shutterbug are you? :D

You missed the fact that it also has 3 different sets of wheels. :flipoff2: 1st set are the factory wheels with worn out 31s that the PO had on it. 2nd set is 33" BFGs on 15" rims. 3rd pic is 35" MTRs on 16" rims which came from my 80 series. This setup allows me to easily swap the MTs to the 80 if I need something more agressive than the Nittos on it.

Nice first gen. Looks really clean. Always nice to get a truck that old from the origional owner. I bought my 85 from the second owner but he had owned it since it was practicaly brand new back in the mid 80s. Good work:beer:

I've always loved your truck Bob. The first time I saw it I thought to myself 'I wonder where I could find an 83 cab to swap onto my 4runner chassis' or 'I wonder if he would take 5k for it'

Awesome truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom