BFGoodRich Mud-Terrain T/A KM VS. Yokohama Geolandar M/T+ ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

actually i would also take the cooper sst's over the BFG, the coopers have a pretty thick sidewall and the lugs are pretty deep, especially compared to MTR's,
I would think youll get alot of miles out of the sst. They are a little heavy and harder to balance but such is the trade off of heavier sidewalls.

Thanks for all the answers! Alot of talking about the cooper sst but the thing is its only the bfg mud-terrain and the yokohama geolandar mt that I have gotten a good enough price so I can afford them :D kinda on a budget here...

No answers on my other question, could someone with 33s and OME please measure ground-to-roof and gimme the measurement??

Thanks for all the answers! Alot of talking about the cooper sst but the thing is its only the bfg mud-terrain and the yokohama geolandar mt that I have gotten a good enough price so I can afford them :D kinda on a budget here...

No answers on my other question, could someone with 33s and OME please measure ground-to-roof and gimme the measurement??

74" front, and 75" rear if you are talking without roof racks...gad Im trying to procrastinate my studies...

How about a set of big, fat, knobby, mud Michelin Tweels?
3603_02.jpg
tweel.jpg

Only thing about the Yoko MTs is that the tread pattern is directional... don't really like that for a 4x4 because of having to replace a flat.

Cooper SST's. Love em, but the mileage?? I've never gotten more than 15,000 miles out of a set of tires on my 60, but then again I rotate out before they get too worn. The SST's have been to AK & Moab, mud, snow, ice, rock, folded up into rim & shredded nobs due to suspension failure, they're still working just fine. Road noise is much less than the BFG's MT's. Bob

I have BFG mta on my heep, I wont buy them again. I have punctured side walls on 2 tires. Thank god for Americas tires. Replaced no problem no questions asked. The side walls on BFG's suck.

On my 60 I have pro-crap these have good side walls, but are loud and are statting to cup. I say look around find another brand.

PP

I had BFG M/T's for a while, found them really loud and hard to keep balanced.

Only thing about the Yoko MTs is that the tread pattern is directional... don't really like that for a 4x4 because of having to replace a flat.

This is the only drawback of the Yoko's , IMHO. Have used the A/T's in the past, and they were exceptional tires. Far outperformed in all categories, ALL competition. Now have 11000 miles on a set of 265 M/T's, on a LR Disco II. R and B every other oil change. Just bought a second spare. One for each direction. One on the tailgate, one on the roof. After running these tires in soupy gumbo mud, I won't even look at BFG's again. May try a set of the cooper's someday, if I find a set less than the Yoko's.

I have the SSTs on my 60 and don't care for them at all. They haven't worn very well and are loud as hell on the highway. Off road they aren't bad, but for the money you can get much better in my opinion.

As for the BFG ATs...
I've got a set on our 4Runner (32x11.50). They have just over 100,000 miles on them and there is well over 50% tread left! I'm going to be picking up another set to put on my DD Tacoma. They are ok off road on dry/loose stuff and not too bad in moderate rocks, and they are awesome in the snow, but get into goopy mud... well they aren't a mud tire.

The BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO's are excellent in snow. I got a set for my BJ60 in January and they were so good, I rarely needed 4wd. They are the only All Terrain tire with a severe snow rating. To be honest, these "all season" tires are far better than the dedicated winter tires I bought for the Matrix.

yoko

Yokohama just makes a better tire, AT or MT, in every way. We got some green Diamonds withthe Revo pattern to try out and we are switching back to the Yoko's. Nothing compares.

IMHO, the KO's are good in snow for maybe a season, or less if you drive a lot. After they are broken in a little they are exponentially worse for wear. They are a long lasting tire though, I'll give you that.

LCHJ60;

I really like the BFG TA/KO's on my 80. Got at least 20k miles on them and should last another 20k. They are very good in snowy/icy conditions.

The height you were requesting is about 2m (~6 feet 2.5 inches) from the ground to the top of the standard roof rack. Standard roof configuration (not the high roof) for USA market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom