BFGoodrich - AT T/A¨ KO 2 Noise? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am at Costco shopping for tire. There is only
BFGoodrich - All-Terrain T/A¨ KO 2. available 275/70/16
Originally I would like to buy Michelin Defender as I don't really do any real off road. My wife drive it a liitle bit and prefer comfortable one. Is it really going to be that much different?
Thank you.

Popular tire. Most people like them. I don't think they noisy at all, but Im used to a M/T

I had some Toyo AT and just went with new KO2.... they are far quieter than the Toyos were, but no idea personally regarding the Michelins.

You can probably check tire rack ratings

I've had them about a year and a half and love them. No road noise that I can hear. They also show almost no wear so far. Should last a long while.

I have KO 2's on mine and I never get any noticeable noise. Keep in mind there are several sizes other than stock that you can run with no modifications. I bought 265/75/16 as they were cheaper than the the 275/70/16 size. Just keep the overall diameter between 31 and 33 inches.

I have a set of 285/75r16s on a 76 series cruiser and love them. Way quieter than the bfg MUDs I had on that car, you cannot hear them. I think they have very good road manners on dry and wet pavement. I also feel like they are the most underrated 4wd tyre around. At the moment I am wanting them in 37" for the 80.

Here's a pic Instagram photo by T | T | B | B • Jun 1, 2016 at 10:27pm UTC

The MUDs were so loud on that car people on motorcycles would hear them over everything else when I was driving behind them.

Last edited:
May be best to go with the original Michelain LTX for best roadmamners. AT tires are certainly more noticeable sound than passenger tires. I was not happy with Toyo AT2 extreme high pitch noise on my Tundra, tire shop suggested not to go with the BFG due to not being much quieter. I selected the Falken AT3w and am happy. Have the Toyo on my 80 and do find the tires to be a bit obnoxious at highway speed.

Maybe tire shop was biased due to profit margins on their recommendations against BFG KO2.

If you are never offroad then a highway tire is your best bet. The KO2's are awesome tires (I have them) but they are much heavier duty than a highway tire and feel "heavier" when driving. Road noise hasn't been an issue.

The KO2's do work great for snow tires so if thats a concern they will outperform any of the highway tires.

All I use are BFG AT KO2s. Phenomenal in the snow. They wear really well too. I've put 20k on my latest set and they still look new.

Good choice. Mine are winter rated and wife approved for noise and handling lol. I haven't had them off road much, but they're excellent in snow and ice.

Good choice. Mine are winter rated and wife approved for noise and handling lol. I haven't had them off road much, but they're excellent in snow and ice.

Come on dude, you've had that thing a year now! Get it off road already! :flipoff2:

The KO2s are very good off road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom