BFG KO2 in 34X12.50X18 on 200 with 2.5" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All true stuff. Great input.

Here's the way I look at it.

Given a tall 33-34" tire we all generally run, a narrower tire is not going to significantly make a forward tractive difference over a wider tire.

I go to snow country during ski season. I've gotten stuck before. The added width for flotation will make a difference in deep stuff.

In sand, I likely can get away without significant airing down, and these heavy rigs can dig in readily.

In cornering and accident avoidance, it absolutely makes a huge difference.

Braking distance, makes a difference.

In protects the wheel faces. Pizza cutters don't protect the shiney surface against rocks.

Beefy look.

There are some drawbacks as you guys mention with weight/cost/etc/optimizations. Fun is we can all choose our own poison.

All true stuff. Great input.

Here's the way I look at it.

Given a tall 33-34" tire we all generally run, a narrower tire is not going to significantly make a forward tractive difference over a wider tire.

I go to snow country during ski season. I've gotten stuck before. The added width for flotation will make a difference in deep stuff.

In sand, I likely can get away without significant airing down, and these heavy rigs can dig in readily.

In cornering and accident avoidance, it absolutely makes a huge difference.

Braking distance, makes a difference.

In protects the wheel faces. Pizza cutters don't protect the shiney surface against rocks.

Beefy look.

There are some drawbacks as you guys mention with weight/cost/etc/optimizations. Fun is we can all choose our own poison.

My 34s are already 65lbs - what's a few more!

71 lbs per here. The ride still passes for Lexus levels of buttery smoothness.

Though I am also a proponent of less unsprung weight.

Choices choices. It's the balance the individual wants in the end. This is all just informative banter.

BTW, @linuxgod, you rig is looking mighty fine with the build out really rounding out the pieces.

71 lbs per here. The ride still passes for Lexus levels of buttery smoothness.

Though I am also a proponent of less unsprung weight.

Choices choices. It's the balance the individual wants in the end. This is all just informative banter.

BTW, @linuxgod, you rig is looking mighty fine with the build out really rounding out the pieces.

Thank you, sir. The new winch bumper earned it's keep in Telluride. After all our talk about A/F ratios and gearing I think 4.88s will be my next upgrade

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I figured this would be a good place to ask:
Anyone know why the 34" is cheaper than the 35"? simple supply and demand?
34.png

You mean 35 is cheaper..

Yes, sorry. Why is the 35 cheaper than the 34"

Discount tire is going to let me trade in my 275/70/18's because "I'm not happy with how small they are", and I've been looking at several sizes in the 34-35" range. I might end up with the 305/70/18 unless someone has a better idea...

35.JPG

Last edited:
How are you going to fit that width?

i'm running 1.25" spacers, and i'll cut a "little".

Take a look at @TeCKis300 comment:

I run a 305/55/20 tire. Which is 33.2" x 12.3". Your proposed tire is only .3" larger and .2" wider.

You'll want a .75" or 1" spacer on stock wheels to achieve an offset of ~30 to ~40. Some trimming of the wheel well should do it.

@radman its not the width of the 305/70R18 that’s going to kill you it’s the height. At 34.8” you will have issues with the KDSS bar. The 305/65R18 would be a much better fit. That’s the size that @TeCKis300 is referring to.

@radman its not the width of the 305/70R18 that’s going to kill you it’s the height. At 34.8” you will have issues with the KDSS bar. The 305/65R18 would be a much better fit. That’s the size that @TeCKis300 is referring to.

LX doesn't have KDSS 😉

You can run 35" with AHC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom