BFG AT KO2's...... 285/60/18 or 275/70/18...... What Say You, Sayers?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I run E rated KO2 on rock warrior rims. I am satisfied with ride quality and minimal road noise. I installed a lift few weeks ago and I am hearing complains from my better half about entry and exit. She is 5'-3". I understand her frustration.
Erica is 5'2 I hear it once in awhile also:)

I'm going to see how the 285's look w/o the spacers. I have a feeling I'll be calling Spidertrax to order some in a couple of weeks.

Had the stock sized KO'2s they felt like they rode much harsher than the 275 IMHO.

Did you check the pressure in them when they felt harsh?
When my KO2's were mounted, Discount Tire had **55** PSI in them for some unknown reason...and it felt like driving on Flintstone wheels....

I'm going to see how the 285's look w/o the spacers. I have a feeling I'll be calling Spidertrax to order some in a couple of weeks.

That's what I basically did with mine. Bugged me how inset they were, and the spacers did wonders. No issues after about 30k miles.

Did you check the pressure in them when they felt harsh?
When my KO2's were mounted, Discount Tire had **55** PSI in them for some unknown reason...and it felt like driving on Flintstone wheels....
Yes , pressure was correct.

yeah i can live with it at full lock in reverse type stuff

I'd stick with 275/70

got a pic of your truck with them? would love to see before i pull the trigger
lc 001.JPG
lc 004.JPG
lc 005.JPG
lc 007.JPG
lc 008.JPG

Looks great! And, black is by far the best looking 200 you can own :D

If you include "lighter shades of black" ...OK. :hillbilly: Cuz I think grey is peeerty!

thanks for pics, i think 275/70 fills out wells nicely without being too big for a mostly DD truck

Looks great! And, black is by far the best looking 200 you can own :D
Your 200 in Black is mean looking. When you see it sitting in the parking lot with the tinted windows it says " I'm looking for trouble" Trust me, you don't want that thing following you at night down a dirt road. Paul, I think that one should be called Christine

thanks for pics, i think 275/70 fills out wells nicely without being too big for a mostly DD truck

Agreed! I think that size should be on the rigs from the factory.

Your 200 in Black is mean looking. When you see it sitting in the parking lot with the tinted windows it says " I'm looking for trouble" Trust me, you don't want that thing following you at night down a dirt road. Paul, I think that one should be called Christine

You know, you're right Mike. I just changed my signature :). My LC def looks more like a Christine.

I run 37" KO2's on our shop truck. Absolutely love them as a "cross trainer" and they are rather
quiet at highway speeds on the pavement.

I'm pretty sure those pics are his black 09 with the spidertrax spacers installed. the wheels are just shy off flush with the wheel wells.

I'm pretty sure those pics are his black 09 with the spidertrax spacers installed. the wheels are just shy off flush with the wheel wells.

Ya... I forgot that he's on stock wheels that are pretty inset at 60mm.

Those KO2 looks nice, have you ever tried to tow a trailer? I am looking to get a set before I road trip this summer where I will tow a Airstream Flying cloud (about 4000lbs) I have a '08 with stock wheels as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom