Hilux Best year/powertrain for the Hilux? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am on the hunt for a Double cab hilux. What should I specifically look for? I would love to find one with cable lockers, manual transmission, diesel engine, rust free/ free of rust as possible. I will be plating it in the states. I would love to here some expert opinions.

Some are 25 years old now. I only ever saw them in the 3L diesel and manual transmission. I´m almost positive they never made them with lockers just an optional limited slip in the rear. Since they are trucks I think importing would be subject to the chicken tax (25%) rather than 2.5% for other vehicles. But someone correct me if I am wrong.

Yes thats the exact truck down to the color I am looking for. I have seen one for sale previously that was the non-turbo version. Finding one will be the challenge.

Some are 25 years old now. I only ever saw them in the 3L diesel and manual transmission. I´m almost positive they never made them with lockers just an optional limited slip in the rear. Since they are trucks I think importing would be subject to the chicken tax (25%) rather than 2.5% for other vehicles. But someone correct me if I am wrong.

We have quite a few of those in the Vancouver area. They come up for sale fairly regularly, at fairly steep prices. $15000 Canadian pesos or more. Years and colours vary. A lot of grey ones here for some reason. All right hand drive that I have seen.

The model in the video is the LN106-PRMSS. Many of the same era from Japan are the LN107 model which has IFS so it isn´t as desirable. I think the tax is why there are so few are here when compared to something like a landcruiser or hilux surf. They aren't hard to find you just have to pay double what it is worth elsewhere in the world to get it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom