Best spot to mount brake controller? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great post Valentine. Having read this with dirty hands mid install I just wanted to add that wire can be easily had at Home Depot. I got 12 and 1o gage cut to length for 25 and 35 cents respectively. They have every color you need. Just thought that might be helpful for anyone else reading this post.

I am going to do my P3 (Prodigy's fancy big brother) install saturday. I just wanted to suggest to multi tow rig people that calling local shops that do a lot of trailer wiring is a good idea. They tend to use the double ended "plug n play" leads for the controllers, so if you want the standard plug to wire lead that comes with the controller, they usually have lots of extras. I got 2 for $10 last night!

It was a bit of a contortionist show, but all is done now. Wish my mini dacshund new how to solder! I tried to teach her, but the lack of thumbs made it too difficult. I mounted the controller in the ashtray and as per a suggestion earlier in this thread I just loosened the one nut of the brake switch and dropped the wires down. This morning I will hook up to the trailer and test all the lights and brakes. If it isn't pouring down rain I will take a couple of pics too.

Thanks to all that posted in this thread as it was all helpful!

Awesome! I still have the scar on my forearm where a molten solder glob dripped on it when I was doing the brake switch wire tie-in. :lol:

Our setup is still going strong without any problems. I'm still happy with the controller in the ashtray slot. It's a perfect place.

Thanks for the update & can't wait to see the pics. :cool:

I never thought of home depot for wiring.Great idea.I installed my b/c above my right knee,I did give some thought too extra knee damage but I figured quicker access to B/c was needed.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom