Best place to get OEM Rims? TPMS question. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am looking for the metal things that the tires go on, which I call rims, but some people call wheels.

Ha. Just pulling your chain man.

The 2013 and 2016+ oem wheels look great powder coated flat or satin black. Really like the 2016+ in black.

Here is a cheaper alternative for OE 20s.... 20” Tundra TRD Sport rims powder coated black. I have no shortage on these takeoffs I sell for $1000 (With new OE tires) and can powder for <$500... 5x150 bolt pattern would look good on a 200.

8B6227CE-7650-4219-B6F1-8BEC323C8E1D.jpeg

AC335104-E092-4D2E-BDEC-3C930221F799.jpeg

Last edited:
Beat place to get OEM rims is from new truck buyers who are getting new rims. These are called "take offs" I'd look at Craig's list, ebay or the Tundra Forums. Local is better than shipping which gets pricey for rims.

Next stop is probably used rims from people getting new ones. Same sources.

After that buying rims right from Mr. T, which is pricey.

BTW if you want the TRD pro wheels in black which also come in non-TRD bare alloy, you could get the bare alloy ones and have them powder coated for about $75/per without losing an ounce of strength. Powder coating and the center cap is the only difference as I understand it.

Thanks for the options.

Those 20" tundra rims are nice, but I'd prefer to stick with 18"s.

I've got searches on Craigslist and EBay, a thread on our ('mud) tundra forum and am watching the wheel classifieds on 'mud. I need to search around for other Tundra sites to increase my odds.

I'm kind of surprised about the difference in what people are asking for the powder coated versions versus the bare milled face version. I guess a lot of that is more of them have been sold so there are more out there and then the cost of powder coating adds cost that brings the value closer. Seems to me there is still a pretty good premium for the black color rims.

I'm definitely exploring the powder coating option, but I live in a rural state without a lot of these kinds businesses. I have a request out for a quote from one of the few in the area. No Les Schwab type places, for example.

$700, wow! I'm nowhere near you (I'm in Vermont), but that sounds like an amazing deal, and a great site to watch.

Not sure if you are set on 18" wheels? I went with these 20x9 TRD Pro Style wheels and the fitment and quality is great. They offer other colors and styles as well. I was looking for a factory look and I drive 99% on road. Bad city construction roads at that so it's kinda like going off road! Lol. Entire package plus installation was less than the (4) TRD BBS rims and I got 5 wheel and wheel and tire package. Good luck.

The company didn't have any photos of these rims for me to look at which made my decision difficult. After installation I sent them a couple photos of my truck and they actually used them for their website!

Those look great. I am getting an LC built right now and have ordered the 18" TRD BBS rims that look just like yours. I am now debating whether to cancel them and get these 20s that you got. I went from 18s to 20s on my current LC and think it looks so much better.

If you go by what everyone else is doing on this forum I would stick with the 18" Forged BBS rims. They are OEM Toyota rims so you are probably getting what you paid for. I just didn't like the gloss black look, 8" wide rim and the fact that they require spacers to push them out for that "Flush" look. My rims offset pushes them right to the fender edge.
If you have plans to do serious off roading then I would stick with the 18" rims so you get that extra side wall and probably a softer ride.
You will never catch me crossing a river or in Moab so I will stick with my 20"s for now. If you are lifting you truck I would consider going with a 285/60R20 or some equivalent size to give you more tire. Good luck.

If you go by what everyone else is doing on this forum I would stick with the 18" Forged BBS rims. They are OEM Toyota rims so you are probably getting what you paid for. I just didn't like the gloss black look, 8" wide rim and the fact that they require spacers to push them out for that "Flush" look. My rims offset pushes them right to the fender edge.
If you have plans to do serious off roading then I would stick with the 18" rims so you get that extra side wall and probably a softer ride.
You will never catch me crossing a river or in Moab so I will stick with my 20"s for now. If you are lifting you truck I would consider going with a 285/60R20 or some equivalent size to give you more tire. Good luck.

How is your experience with those wheels so far?

They are great. I am considering the OME BP-51 suspension kit with SPC UPC's. With that considered, anyone considering going with a 20" wheel and tire set up, factor in what the wheels and tires will look with an additional 2" of lift if you want to go that route. If I would have installed a 2" lift first I would have know if I could have gone with a larger tire. My current set up doesn't ever rub. Not sure what you tire choices are in 20"? 305/55R20 or 285/60R20? I was told by FactoryStylewheel.com that 285/55R20's fit on factory suspension with 0% issues and they were correct. So far so good. I am stuck with this tire size for a while with or without the lift.
Also research your tire options. I wanted a more aggressive look to give it more of an OFF ROAD look. If you will spend a majority of your time on pavement and want a smooth and quiet ride, you many prefer an All Season tire with a less aggressive look. Good luck

Last edited:
I just bought an OEM refurbished wheel from OEM Wheel Repair, Remanufacturing and Online Wheel Rim Sales Free Shipping I bought a set of OEM LC 18 inch rims for my LX but as usual on 4. Since I am going from 20 to 18 I figured I need the right size spare tire as well. I couldn't find any steelies and this was the same price as the cheapest rim at tire rack/discount tire. Plus free shipping, I figured I'd go with an OEM rim. I got it together and it is perfect, looks brand new.

So if anyone needs an OEM spare I recommend these guys.

So, thanks to an idea from here, I scored a set from the Facebook marketplace. A tundra trd pro owner replaced them with fancy aftermarket rims immediately after taking delivery. Rims (42611-0C200), tires, TPMS, center caps, lugnuts. The whole set has 20 miles on them and are mint! And I was able to pick them up and avoid shipping costs. Thanks everyone!

If anyone needs OE tires/wheels from 2019/2020 LC please let me know. I have 8 or 9 sets of take offs I need to move. Some are sets of four, some are five, just depended how the builds were made. They all have 5-10 miles on them. I also have Tundra TRD Sport 20”s and TRD Off Road 18”s. Each set is $1000 (tires and wheels). I can ship most places in the US for $100-$150 using Fastenal 3rd party logistics.

Er
If anyone needs OE tires/wheels from 2019/2020 LC please let me know. I have 8 or 9 sets of take offs I need to move. Some are sets of four, some are five, just depended how the builds were made. They all have 5-10 miles on them. I also have Tundra TRD Sport 20”s and TRD Off Road 18”s. Each set is $1000 (tires and wheels). I can ship most places in the US for $100-$150 using Fastenal 3rd party logistics.
ic, the TRD offroad 18"s will fit right on an LX 570? (2013) If so what's the best way to contact you to order?

What do the TRD Sport 20s look like

Are the BBS FORGED 18” TRD rims LIGHTER in weight than the stock 18” LC rims??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom