best 4" lift (1 Viewer)

what is the best 4" lift out there?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey malph where ya gettin your axles from. And while your at it you might wanna buy you some 4 wheel drive...lol. Might find it on ebay.

i'll ditto the skyjacker...ran them on my old 78 40 and loved them.

and, of course, i'll throw in...avoid pinnacle springs at all costs

I am very very surprised to hear the Skyjacker lift kits are one of the biggest cruiser sellers on the market, I know nobody with that kit.

Rob

I've got the 'jackers as well.

i just bought downeys,i just had to be different.I hope they work out for me.

I have to throw my hat in for HFS from Coolcruisers. I helped them design them and stole every idea from the leading spings and rolled them into one set.

I think they are the best on the market.

Radd Cruisers said:
I am very very surprised to hear the Skyjacker lift kits are one of the biggest cruiser sellers on the market, I know nobody with that kit.

Rob

I second that, the only people I know (including myself) have removed their Skyjacker lifts. Main issue being the famous "Skyjacker lean" usually after a period of time the front end of a jacker lift will cave and the ass will start to look higher than the nose. After this happened to me I tried an RMA with Skyjacker, they sent me "refurbished" springs, which of course had the same issue. I then took the springs to a local shop in Denver to have them "re-arched" only to be told that the quality of the steel in the spings was to low to have the "re-arched." Couple that with the bizarre practice of stuffing their parts boxes with religious pahphlets and you have a recipie for "weird."

I have a superlift on my 74 thats being transfered to the 72 frame off I am doing, fine springs, a bit harsher then the Jacker springs, however no sag at all.

Ive got a bds 4 inch lift. Love it. Lifetime warranty. And it wasnt that expensive.

4" Alcans on FJ40 w/1" ext shackles, Doetsch Tech shocks, 35 MTR's = excellent ride on & off road, very happy w/flex - a little pricey @ $850 for springs & shocks, but wouldn't do anything different :)

4" skyjacker with extended shackles in rear and shackle reversal up fron.
A little fender cutting and they clear 35" tall tires.

At CM05 I thought they were a little stiff but they did not have a lot of trail time on them. After Rubithon this year I would say they are broken in. By the end of the trail coming up Cadilac Hill they were flexing really nice. All it took were a couple of days of good hard use.

dang...old thread

back when i still wanted lift springs.....soa is in the works as of now

malphrus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom