SOLD Bend, OR: 1990 HZJ73 Clean Oregon Title (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(170, 202, 225)
Well, time to move on with other things in my life.

1990 HZJ73, originally purchased from Eco-Offroad in 2018

Automatic Trans

300,000 (+/-) Km’s (about 187,000miles according to my calculator)

Transfer case converted from vacuum shift to full manual with Cruiser Outiftters Kit

Transfer case has Advance Adapters Twin Stick kit with JB Fab Aluminum knobs

Stock engine with some preventative maintenance

New glowplugs in 2018

Rebuilt Injection Pump in 2020 (Diesel Fuel Injection Services, Portland OR did the work)

Rebuilt injectors in 2023 (same shop in Portland)

Rebuilt IP and injectors alone were almost $2000

New oil pan and pickup

Briefly had a Mamba turbo on it in 2021 but was removed, naturally aspirated is good enough for me

New water pump and terrain tamer aluminum radiator

New hot climate fan clutch (red hub)

Added a factory Toyota diesel Pre-filter

New primary and Prefilter within the last year

New Timing belt and Auto trans was rebuilt by Eco-Offroad before I purchased in 2018

Kenda 35x10.50R17’s only a year or so old

17” FJ Cruiser Wheels

Wheel spacers (1.5”) all around

Newer Aisin front hubs (2019 I think)

Trail-Gear 4.88 ring and pinions front and back (2019)

Harrop rear E-locker

Old Man Emu suspension (was on it when purchased)

FJ62 Auto trans shifter (stock one and console included still)

LED Headlight bulbs

LED Light bars in Grille and on Roof

Dobinsons Snorkel Kit

Ironman Offroad front bulbar

Come-Up 12k 24V winch with synthetic line

Frequent oil changes using Rotella oil and Toyota Filters

All other fluids recently replaced within the last year or so

Pretty clean interior, has slide out fridge mount in back

Auber Instruments Oil Pressure and Water temp gauges

Body has some dings and scratches, but 99% rust free!

Converted from power windows to manual windows but electric door locks still work

Converted from power mirrors to manual convex mirrors

Home-made rear bumper/tirecarrier

Trail gear rock sliders

24V portable compressor included

AC blows cold, converted to R134A last year

Rear window defroster and Back seat heat as well

Stock steering wheel replaced with Toyota hilux wheel

Runs and drives excellent, would not hesitate to drive it long distance. Have driven it on a road trip from Bend, OR to Missoula, MT, to Seattle, WA, to Portland, OR with zero issues. It’s predictably slow and rides like a truck is what you have to remember

The only cons are the cracked windshield (Included is a brand new windshield gasket and spare metal frame, just order glass from a Toyota dealer, lots of guys have done it). Also could use a real Toyota carpet/mat kit since I just cobbled one together from speaker carpet, it works good it’s just ugly. Exhaust is homemade and could be much much better. Also it smokes a little when it starts up cold, but has zero smoke with warmed up and cruising around.

Also included are boxes and boxes of spare parts and factory parts that I took off. Spare engine stuff, lots of small parts, interior bits, diesel fuel additives, tons of stuff.

I’ve really loved this cruiser for the five or so years that I’ve owned it. It’s been an incredible, go-anywhere and do-anything rig that helped make many memories in my family. I’ve just lost all interest in overlanding/4-wheeling and could use the money to pay some bills and build something like an MGB or Fiat Spider instead.

Would love to see this get sold in IH8MUD and go to another cruiser enthusiast before I attempt Facebook or Craigslist

$20,000 OBO, located in Redmond, OR. Open to offers.

IMG_9024.JPG
IMG_9025.JPG
IMG_9026.JPG
IMG_9027.JPG
IMG_9028.JPG

Last edited:
Cool, we’ve got the arbiter of who’s a “real cruiser person” in the thread.

Anyway, good for the seller that he has such an ardent character witness backing him up.

At the end of the day though, I hope that this posting is flagged for any potential buyers. There’s far too much shady dealing that goes on, especially with JDM rigs.

This has gotten ridiculous. It's clear @MichaelRoamer can't do math, or knows something that he isn't saying. And although a member since 2020, 54.545% of his posts have been in this for sale thread that he has nothing to do with, or even made a constructive comment. @Branwillith is a real cruiser person, has a build thread and contributes to this funny community. Check out his postings.

@MichaelRoamer if you wanted this truck when it was listed you should have bought it. If you still want it shoot @Branwillith a message and strike a deal. If not, what is your point. Really, the price being asked in the FB listing isn't bad at all for what the truck is, regardless of what he bought it for, and that is not knowing what has been done since his purchase. Knowing what he has done to his other cruisers, it would be a safe bet that he has made improvements that would benefit a potential buyer.

I have no skin in the game, just traded quite a few emails and PMs to both owners of this truck. I would consider both of them to be the best type of person one could buy a cruiser from.

I don't know what the actual selling price was (nor do I care). The asking price that is listed in the FB post is not unreasonable at all, yet it is still an asking price. It may or may not sell for the ASKING price, it could sell for much less. Who knows. But if you are not an interested buyer take your argument else where.
Im entirely comfortable being the only person who takes issue with someone buying a vehicle off mud for 15k, doing literally nothing to it, and then shortly thereafter relisting it for 60% more elsewhere. If the majority of mud echoes the sentiment expressed here then so be it. It's all good, you-do-you, it just isn't the way I operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom