Beginner Trails in (North?) SD County (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to do a weekender with the family - maybe even just an afternoon - and I'd like to get the car a little dirty. I've never driven my current rig off road before, and it's basically stock for all intents and purposes - so not interested in anything beyond light-intermediate.

I see on trails.com well rated trails like the Santa Ysabel Creek trail and the Black Mountain Summit trail. Does anyone have any experience with these trails and want to talk me into (or out of) this excursion?

Thanks.

-Sean

Fish Creek is mild, maybe too mild, but you can explore a few things around there and it can make for a fun day trip.

Black mountain probably isn't a trail anymore for 4x4's. At least, I don't think so...?

It is crazy to think how much open space has been turned into housing up here. I'm only 34, and in high school we'd cruise around out around black mountain all day. So many miles of trails gone!

I think even closer than Borrego would be going to Corral Canyon off the 8. There's some basic trails out there. Also Valley of the moon off In Ko Pah before you drop down.

Just did a really fun trail (however you could probably drive it with a Camry...) just outside Hemet. Its a 25mile trail that ends up in Idyllwild. Check out Bee Canyon truck trial.

Otay Mountain firetrails are a family fun, easy day trail. I love that spot. Easy access, simple trails and killer views. On e mines got better brakes I'll gladly meet up with ya and show ya the trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom