Before I order please check this out!!!!!!!!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The SBC mounts are from Matt Beir. very easy install.

The motor mounts for the 350 was the easy part forsure. Now I justt need to figure out what transfer case to run!

I think I am just going to order all this and fab up a cross member. Going to take ap lunge here as I am tired of searching around for info(been searching non stop for 5 days!).

Hopefully there is no surprises, like I needed more stuff then I orderd.

Going to get the SM465 and the split case out of a 84 FJ60.

On a good note, I do have an CNC lathe and CNC mill so can fab up most the stuff I need (Just dont want to do that!).

Can anyone verify what transfer case this is?
2011-03-04_00-21-24_180.jpg
2011-03-04_00-20-25_453 (1).jpg

I found a SM465 4x4 with a 10 spline with cast iron top today. I just went and picked it up for $250 from a local wrecking yard.

Here are some pics of it

Everything look like it should? Is this the correct transmission to get? Would it be a good idea to rebuild it? And recommendations on a good rebuild kit?
2011-03-04_17-03-02_734.jpg
2011-03-04_17-03-14_435.jpg
2011-03-04_17-03-27_123.jpg

No one can help here?

Hard to say with all that grease, but it appears to me to be a pre split case. Don't know how to identify gear ratio other than turning gears and counting the rotations. Tough to do without a shaft mated to the input.

:meh:

What is that bolted to the PTO port instead of an access cover?

Hard to say with all that grease, but it appears to me to be a pre split case. Don't know how to identify gear ratio other than turning gears and counting the rotations. Tough to do without a shaft mated to the input.

:meh:

What is that bolted to the PTO port instead of an access cover?

Yeah, its pretty bad!

The PTO port was used for a mounting spot for the cross member (By the previous owner) he fabricated, there is a big plate welded to a steel cross bar. Its not a very good fab job.

Its definitely a one peice t-case. How many splines on the input gear? What is the bolt pattner on the flanges? What is the spline count on the front and rear output? All those will help narrow down the year of the case. Shooting from the hip I would say early 70's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom