Battery Replacement Option: Deka 24M7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title stated, I recently needed to buy a new battery. Long story short I didn't realize my old battery had a broken plate, or some other internal problem. I attempted to jump my truck with a charger/jumper combo. Didn't go so well, weird noises, everything totally dead, etc. So while searching for some replacement fusible links, and hoping that was the problem, I also started looking for a new battery. Considered all the usual ones, and thought about going with a group 31. Then I found this one, which is a group 24, so no fitment issues, but with fairly impressive performance. Here are the stats:

Deka Marine/RV Starting Battery, 24M7
CCA @ 0°- 800
CA @ 32°- 1000
Reserve Capacity @ 25A: 130 minutes
It's a marine starting battery, not deep cycle. (There was also a group 27 size with better stats but I couldn't source one locally)

Deka is made by East Penn Manufacturing and is US made. My sticker says it was made 3/17 so I think it came directly from the factory. I bought it from Lowes online, and it took about 5 days to be shipped to a local store. It cost $115, that included a core charge as I hadn't kept my old battery.

The posts are on the wrong side, but it wasn't too big of an issue. I used some #2 welding cable to extend my cables a bit. I'll try to remember to update this with results as time goes by. Also any recommendations or critiques let me know. And I know people like pictures so...

IMG_7756.JPG

Figured I’d update this post. Battery is still great. Had a few times when it was single digits and had been sitting for a week plus and started no problem.

Bought another one for my wife’s ‘15 Outback. When we were skiing it barely started one morning when it was 10 degrees. Hers is a Group 25 with 500 CCA. Wimpy. So this will make me a lot more comfortable about her in the mornings after I leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom