SOLD Batesville, Arkansas 1978 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Outside Link
https://specialty.autotrader.com
ONE OWNER '78 FJ40 for sale $34,000.
I bought my FJ40 brand new with 12 miles on the odometer. I kept it stock for many years but have recently done some mods. All work done by me.
4" lift kit from CCOT, including springs, shackles, and HFS shocks. Drive shafts extended with a heavier tube. New American Racing black 15-inch Baja wheels with 33 X 10.5 BF Goodrich all terrain tires.
New tie rod ends and boots. New HFS steering stabilizer from CCOT.
All new wheel cylinders, shoes, calipers, discs, booster, and stainless-steel brake lines and braided hoses.
New fuel tank, radiator, new Toyota water pump with fan clutch, all new hoses and clamps associated with radiator, heater, etc.
Weber 38 mm carb, with electric choke, K&N filter, fuel pressure regulator, new fuel pump, and electronic distributor, tuned ceramic headers.
Corbeau Trail Cat seats, new Kenwood AM/FM/CD Player, Blue Tooth, auxiliary inputs with 4 new speakers and remote control. Original steering wheel wrapped with leather.
All new weatherstripping on all doors, kick vents, and rear vent windows. New gasket under fiberglass top, and new windshield seal. New, thicker headliner with flaws in the back corners. Insulation under front and rear original rubber mats. Homemade interior rack for Hi-Lift jack, jack NOT included, (It also holds the rear speakers in place.), Homemade Jerry Can rack that swivels out from the behind the spare tire.
(Jerry Can Included). I have removed one rear jump seat and put a Knaack toolbox in its place. (You get the box and seat.)
Fire extinguisher mounted on roll bar.
Brand new Warn M-8274 winch with cover mounted on HEAVY DUTY front "Trail" bumper from CCOT and Warn medium duty accessory kit.
95,000 miles on the odometer but it is off as I've had larger than stock tire on it even before the lift. Garmin GPS mounted on new grab bar included. (I use it to see my speed) New Red Top Optima battery with 3/8" X 18 threaded terminals for winch. Trailer harness has been added, and a 3 port 12 Volt plug has been added under the dash.
Most all original parts are still on hand.
New center console with cup holders, and padded top.
More photos upon request. Serious buyers Only.
Payment, Cashier's Check or money order must clear before buyer may take possession. Cash is king.

20181125_072453.jpg

20220707_091055.jpg

20220707_091539.jpg

20220707_091031.jpg

fj401.jpg

Last edited:
Is the paint original? Any bodywork on the exterior? Beautiful 40. Thanks!

Original owner, original paint, quality mods, amazing color, best year. What's not to like?
I said I would never sell my Olive '78 (and probably a couple more of my trucks) but...............

Either way, Good luck with the sale!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom