Bat Masterson - New Cruiser! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bat Masterson

GOLD Star
Threads
Hi everyone!

I am happy to say that I could not last much longer without a Land Crusier (and see that Maine Mike is really enjoying my old 80 series), so I went out and bought a 1999 100 series. I looked around and could not find a clean 80 series and decided to bump up to a 100 series due to age and mileage.

So far so good...very clean truck with lots of life left. I missed the forum and am glad to be back and contribute.

I will be spending more time on the 100 series forum but will keep an eye on how you guys and gals are doing over here.

Added a few photos...dang these are awesome tanks....LOVE IT!

See ya!

Dave
img172.jpg
img173.jpg
img174.jpg

Congrats! I must say Margaret and I almost felt bad driving away that afternoon in the 80 because it was so obvious you did not want to give it up. Your 100 should be a great vehicle in the DC area!

mike

PS: Since that July afternoon in Virginia we've driven your old 80 south from Maine to Florida, east to Ohio a few times, north around the Gaspe peninsula and across Quebec and Ontario to the Georgian Bay... great rig. Racked up about 17,000 miles of roadtrips in less than 12 months and it is the DD (although we walk to work).

Wow Mike...17000 miles and half way around the world in less than 1 year. You are truly a cruiser guy!

Glad you're putting the old 80 to good use as it was intended. I've been following your posts. More pictures of your adventures would be great.

Dave

Congrats on the new purchase! That is my favorite 100 series color...

Thanks...I love the color too. Sometimes it looks grey and other times it looks green. I think I like it better than the emerald green as well.

Nice rig. Welcome back:flipoff2: Someday, I will buy my :princess: a 100 series so I can take the 80 off her hands.

Originally Posted by Bat Masterson
I looked around and could not find a clean 80 series and decided to step down to a 100 series

Fixed it for you. I feel your pain.

-B-
lol:D

A buddy of mine went the way of the 100 and he really likes it. Of course he still looks for 80's and just bought a 40. He regrets selling his 80 but thinks the 100 is better for what he does daily. There are still some low mileage 80's around.....I've seen 5 lately with under a 100...heres a nice unlocked one with low miles

Congrats on the right color choice!

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

Last edited:
Nice truck! I love 'em both. The 100 definitely is more "car-like", and can blaze on the interstate. The 80 will inspire comments from people, "what year is that?" Not as many of them around....

Thanks for the comments folks...it is great being back and around all of you crusier freaks :)

I hate to say it but do not have any plans to build this 100 series due to the fact I am actually treating it as a commuter rig and kid hauler.

I will still dream about the old 80 that I built...too there were'nt too many places to wheel where I live.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom