Barn door latch help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. I’m in the process of installing barn doors into my ‘76 formerly with a hard top and ambulance doors. I have attached the hinges of both doors to the tub but I’m not sure on what to do with the latch in the middle (gate latch). I’m guessing there is a reinforced strike plate that the latch engages? If anyone has pictures of how the factory handled this I would be very appreciative!

9E24EF08-0009-48ED-8BE7-4A3FE628913E.jpeg

52A00594-D5BF-4639-A10B-131C6A77A3FC.jpeg

Looks like you’re switching from ambulance doors, that striker plate can go away and you need a hole for the spring loaded pin then the other door latches to that door . I can post a picture for you tomorrow

I’m not sure what you’re going to do about your spare tire and license plate mount your really mixing up different year parts
I know I need some kind of hole drilled in but I wasn’t sure if there was a gromet or striker needed, I’ll be removing the driver side plate mount and putting my oem license plate holder on the other side. The fact that I have to pull open the spare before the doors doesn’t really bother me.

Yes, there is a small plate with a hole in it for the pin.
rear door.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone’s help. Shouldn’t be hard to make a plate just like the oem one. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom