Bad Recovery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good clip. From personal experience, I can easily attest to that. We've had several situations that quickly escalated. All recoveries should be considered serious at all times and full focus should be given.

We always preach staying calm and taking your time in a recovery. But sometimes taking your time isn't an option. Still gotta keep your head though!

Good clip. From personal experience, I can easily attest to that. We've had several situations that quickly escalated. All recoveries should be considered serious at all times and full focus should be given.

i think its fair to say you are the leading expert in this type of recovery. :D

That was insensitive. This roll is nothing at all like Mat's.

His truck rolled to the left.

That was insensitive. This roll is nothing at all like Mat's.
His truck rolled to the left.

it rolled on the driver's side so it is the same as Mat's

i think the moral of the story is that dont screw around and then ask your novice friend to pull you out. ;)

Last edited:
i think the moral of the story is that dont screw around and then ask your novice friend to pull you out. ;)

Don't know who you wheel with but no one on that trip was a novice, and I'm sure they would agree. If you're trying to instigate something go bark up a differnt tree. Hope you have a good day ;)
I think the point you managed to miss from this is it doesn't matter the experience, the skill level, the amount of sponsors or your ...attitude..., accidents during tense and situations can occur and make something simple turn into a dangerous situation.

What I don't get is why not move the recovery truck to higher ground, turn it around, use a couple of the recovery straps to anchor the winch truck, then start winching

I think key here, was that the tide was comming in and they were panicing, they thought tug was going to be quick, just that things escalated. I know I always have these discussions with my wheeling buddy adam, who always seems to go to tug or drive out, while I am more of the cautious type and always resort to winch out, but we generally do the right thing most of the time ;)

All this talk about Mat's rollover, that was a fart in the wind compared to my experience - ask Steve :)

Good video that illustrates a few things:
A - a top heavy vehicle is prone to rolling (duh) - how much weight does he have up high on that thing? Obviously they are wheeling flat terrain all the time.
B - A PTO has some disadvantages yeah? Like using it to right yourself (engine running upside down or sideways - not cool.

Dorian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom