Backpacking stove stand (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cartercd

SILVER Star
Threads
I love my Snow Peak GigaPower stove for a quick campside meal, but the diminutive size does not leave a lot of surface area to balance pots and pans. I've had my dinner go "overboard" before. I build a low-buck stand using 1/8" steel rod and 1/4 brass tubing. It's light, doesn't take up much space, and does the job. The concept was stolen with pride from an article I read on alcohol stoves (The Pika Stove). Heating up the steel rod with a propane torch and bending in a vice makes construction easier.

Cheers:beer:
stove stand 1.jpg
stove stand 2.jpg
stove stand 3.jpg

Well executed. I wonder if the Jetboil tripod stand would work. It's got stays for both small and large gas canisters.

The Jetboil tripod is meant to stabilize the gas canister on the ground. In my case the gas canister is on a flat table, but my large cooking pots are teetering on the "arms" at the top of the stove that only spread out a few inches. My stand is build to provide a broader resting surface for the pots. One could combine the Jetbpoil tripod and the homemade stand - you could be flipping flapjacks and omelettes without you frying pan falling off the stove.

The Jetboil tripod is meant to stabilize the gas canister on the ground. In my case the gas canister is on a flat table, but my large cooking pots are teetering on the "arms" at the top of the stove that only spread out a few inches. My stand is build to provide a broader resting surface for the pots. One could combine the Jetbpoil tripod and the homemade stand - you could be flipping flapjacks and omelettes without you frying pan falling off the stove.
the flippin' flapjacks n omelettes...we got see pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom