Back in the saddle. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doc

Threads
IMG_5002.jpeg
After a brief hiatus, I’m back in a Toyota.

This time, a 4skinner, not a Cruiser- and definitely bought- not built.

I’ve had plenty of cruisers, but sold the last one a few years ago. Built it up from stock to a beast. This time I skipped the build.

IMG_4994.jpeg

View attachment 3558409After a brief hiatus, I’m back in a Toyota.

This time, a 4skinner, not a Cruiser- and definitely bought- not built.

I’ve had plenty of cruisers, but sold the last one a few years ago. Built it up from stock to a beast. This time I skipped the build.

View attachment 3558410
In a couple years my wife's lease is up on her 4Runner. We have talked about me selling my 80 and me taking over her 4Runner if she likes the new 4Runner or Land Cruiser.

Congratulations on the new rig.

Share some details about the thing.

Share some details about the thing.
Oh yeah! 🤣

It’s sitting on 285/70’s on TRD pro wheels.
It’s a pretty slick looking Rough Country lift kit, shocks with remote resivoirs.
Morimoto headlights and taillights
C4 front bumper and “wings”
Ironman 12k winch
Low profile roof rack with huge ass light bar of unknown make….
RC step bars
Prob more I haven’t found yet…..

Annnnd… What year, trim, mileage? What part of Utah are you in? I was there again in October and man, there are some beautiful parts of your state!

I like the look of the C4 bumper. Might not be the best animal protection out there, but it looks great! I think Toyota did a great job on the front end of the SR5 and Offroad trims. I love building a rig, but I’m fine with buying one too. If someone does it “right” for you, why not save a bunch of time and hopefully money? You’ll have more of both to get out and enjoy the new rig with. I bought my Sequoia that way. Guy did it right, and there’s no way I would have spent the cash on Methods or the higher end suspension. I would have opted for basic, as that’s all I really “need”.

Fancy! Congrats, but I'd be afraid to use that lol! Too many wing dings on the road.
Oh, it's a blast to drive. SOOOO much easier to drive than my 80 series was. It's been on the obligatory costco runs a few times already. If the weather stays clear I'm planning on hitting dirt this weekend with it. No point in keeping it in the garage!

Annnnd… What year, trim, mileage? What part of Utah are you in? I was there again in October and man, there are some beautiful parts of your state!

I like the look of the C4 bumper. Might not be the best animal protection out there, but it looks great! I think Toyota did a great job on the front end of the SR5 and Offroad trims. I love building a rig, but I’m fine with buying one too. If someone does it “right” for you, why not save a bunch of time and hopefully money? You’ll have more of both to get out and enjoy the new rig with. I bought my Sequoia that way. Guy did it right, and there’s no way I would have spent the cash on Methods or the higher end suspension. I would have opted for basic, as that’s all I really “need”.
So, I went to this particular dealership to look at an entirely different truck. This one caught my eye because it looked cool, no rust, etc. But once I started digging into the underside, I was impressed with how everything was done the way I would have done it- which generally isn't the cheap option.
Everything is quite adequate, certainly not top tier I guess. The C4 bumper and wings are nice, there are better options out there, but the guy (or gal) put in a nice light bar (unknown brand) and an ironman winch, so... there's like 4k right there.
The suspension is Rough Country, typically not a great choice, but they chose the best shocks available (VERTEX brand, adjustable, remote res.) and they ride like butter.
Basically, it looks like they visited the Rough Country Catalog and took a few pages out, the steps are RC as well, and a few smaller items could be, like the lights and switch box look like they came from there too.
The lights are all run through a secondary fuse box and run to a switch panel inside the cab, it's a great (and the right) way to do that install.
Roof rack is one of those low profile jobs- typically I wouldn't put one on, but it houses the HUGE light bar up there nicely.

I used to be very fussy about suspension, and my Sequoia has nice stuff on it, but I bought a Rough Country kit for my Cummins 3500 a few years ago as I wasn’t sure how long I’d have it, and didn’t want to spend Thuren or Carli money up front. And you know, the RC stuff was great! Not spectacular, but definitely better than what I paid for it. If I do end up with my new ‘24 Runner, it will be a lease, so I’ll probably just do RC in it too. I’m not desert racing, I just need ground clearance for fire roads and hunting and fishing access.

You new to you rig looks great. Congrats!

I used to be very fussy about suspension, and my Sequoia has nice stuff on it, but I bought a Rough Country kit for my Cummins 3500 a few years ago as I wasn’t sure how long I’d have it, and didn’t want to spend Thuren or Carli money up front. And you know, the RC stuff was great! Not spectacular, but definitely better than what I paid for it. If I do end up with my new ‘24 Runner, it will be a lease, so I’ll probably just do RC in it too. I’m not desert racing, I just need ground clearance for fire roads and hunting and fishing access.

You new to you rig looks great. Congrats!
Thanks!

I actually dialed the resivoirs back to a lower setting and I’ll be damned if it doesn’t ride smoother than my Cadillac right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom