B & G Fiberglass Beds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone ever had a fiberglass bed built by B & G Fiberglass? Looking for a little feedback before I give the go ahead.

Toyota & Chevy S10 replacement fiberglass pickup truck bed

My bed is finally at a point where I need to do something about it. I have searched for replacement beds and have narrowed it down to B & G and Toyotafiberglass. I really like Toyotafiberglass because they do a lot for the Toyota community and Corey (the owner) is a really a good guy. The only problem is all his stuff is molded off of Canada spec. beds. So I had to find an alternative.

I think I am going to give B & G a try. I have opted for a Black gel coat for the bottom of the bed and reinforcing metal throughout. I also want reinforcing metal around the tail gate supports, just for a little more support there.

So anyone...?

No personal experience, but I've seen a number of people highly recommend Toyota Fiberglass: bed pictures

Importing from Canada and shipping might be a bit of a hassle, though.

Hmmm... Turns out that B&G is about two hours north of me.

they do so build em ,just dont think it's highly publisized + theres have inner walls and rienforce with kevlar not rusting steel , and importing is super easy , they do it all .
I have owned 2 toyotafiberglass beds

IM001443.jpg

I know toyotafiberglass builds good quality stuff, just not USA spec. stuff. It would look too goofy to have the front end of a USA truck and the back end of a canda truck.

I heard Corey was dying to find someone that would let him do up some molds for USA spec. trucks, but just have had any takers yet.

If this is something I've read or heard wrong, maybe I should call him up and talk to him further on.

Thanks for the info. and nice looking truck...

they do so build em

Who said they didn't? :confused:

I know toyotafiberglass builds good quality stuff, just not USA spec. stuff.

As BJ says, it was my understanding that they do have a US model bed for the 84-88 models now. Not sure why they don't have it on their website.

Has anyone ever had a fiberglass bed built by B & G Fiberglass? Looking for a little feedback before I give the go ahead.

Toyota & Chevy S10 replacement fiberglass pickup truck bed

My bed is finally at a point where I need to do something about it. I have searched for replacement beds and have narrowed it down to B & G and Toyotafiberglass. I really like Toyotafiberglass because they do a lot for the Toyota community and Corey (the owner) is a really a good guy. The only problem is all his stuff is molded off of Canada spec. beds. So I had to find an alternative.

I think I am going to give B & G a try. I have opted for a Black gel coat for the bottom of the bed and reinforcing metal throughout. I also want reinforcing metal around the tail gate supports, just for a little more support there.

So anyone...?

Thank you for posting this info. I have been looking at an 85 that is for sale on CL in my area but was hesitant because it has a flat bed on it. The cab, frame and everything else is perfect. Looks like I might be getting it.

Just a little update, I called Toyotafiberglass and confirmed with Corey they do not have USA spec. beds. He said he is working on getting them. However, the beds are essentially the same except for the top. The Canada / Japan spec trucks have a "rolled" top and the USA spec trucks have a more flat top. I guess this is because the USA market likes to have camper shells and the rolled top is not very condusive to having a topper on it.

I currently have a fiberglass topper on mine and do want to keep it. So the Toyotafiberglass bed is not an option for me. If this is not a concern for you, then either will work for you.

It looks like I will be placing my order and I should have it in about 4 weeks. I will either start a new thread or continue in this one to give everyone a perspective...

Hmmm... Could have sworn they were doing the fleet-side beds like in BJ's photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom