"B" Diesel Engine Series Question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Power & Torque curves

Thought this may be a good place to post this.
For what it is worth, this is the result of a (free) dyno test done on my '88 BJ74 (13BT) in May this year.
I had just bought it from Japan and the odo read 91 000km. (I have my doubts)

I am posting it for interest and have a very limited idea of it's usefulness or what it indicates. Perhaps someone can enlighten us. It would also be interesting to see any other curves for comparison.

BTW, the guy doing the test said it looked good????
BJ74 DynoTest post.jpg

That mean your peak torque at 2039 rpm --> 178.49 lb/p and your peak horsepower at much rpms :D --> 96.95 Hp .. not bad ..

Etsha6 said:
Thought this may be a good place to post this.
For what it is worth, this is the result of a (free) dyno test done on my '88 BJ74 (13BT) in May this year.
I had just bought it from Japan and the odo read 91 000km. (I have my doubts)

I am posting it for interest and have a very limited idea of it's usefulness or what it indicates. Perhaps someone can enlighten us. It would also be interesting to see any other curves for comparison.

BTW, the guy doing the test said it looked good????

Based on your chart I would say this was a "chassis" dyno correct? Interesting numbers, it would be cool to compare to an "engine" dyno and see what is lost in the tranny. It also looks like you have an auto perhaps?

Michael

Yes it has an automatic transmission.
The test was done by driving on rollers, I guess this is what you mean by a chasis dyno.

Ben

Tapage said:
hahahaha I already have a long list of this odditys !

Did you know that in 1985 to 1992 in Venezuela some TLC 60 and 62 series comes with a Dana 60 rear diff from a local DANAVen factory .. ? ;)

David, make that *all* 1985-1992 FJ62's (no FJ60's in Venezuela after 1984, remember that it's the engine that changes the designation) had the semi-floater, off-set (like a stock Cruiser axle) Dana 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom