Axle rebuild time! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, decided it was time to knock this out… mainly due to this:

A3A55DEB-EBA3-489A-981B-08919C55182C.jpeg

Kit from cruiser tech is on the way, utilizing the 8x. I was wondering if while in there, there was anything to keep an eye out for? I went ahead and got the koyo(?) wheel bearings as well… cause why the hell not?!? Also I’m replacing rotors/ upgrading to 100 series pads.

the grease looks pretty thin.... perhaps you have a lot of leaking in the in the shaft seal. I would make sure to install the seal deeper in the hole to make sure it seals on a fresh area of the shaft

View attachment 2652050
Kit from cruiser tech is on the way, utilizing the 8x. I was wondering if while in there, there was anything to keep an eye out for? I went ahead and got the koyo(?) wheel bearings as well… cause why the hell not?!? Also I’m replacing rotors/ upgrading to 100 series pads.

Unrelated note - how do you like your Maxxis Bighorns? I am wanting to go from a 285/75 to a 255/85.

Check the axle vent hose first. If its clogged, everything else may be ok when you take the deep dive. Right of passage right there. Have fun and get twice as many paper towels as recommended. There are less towels now.....

Unrelated note - how do you like your Maxxis Bighorns? I am wanting to go from a 285/75 to a 255/85.
They’re pretty good. Haven’t had any complaints so far except for their snow performance… got completely stuck in a pretty deep snow drift so I’m not too sure the tires were the issue🤣

Check the axle vent hose first. If its clogged, everything else may be ok when you take the deep dive. Right of passage right there. Have fun and get twice as many paper towels as recommended. There are less towels now.....
Yeah I’ve seen the suggestion of somethin like four rolls on other posts

View attachment 2652050
Swap the birfield sides

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom