Awful noise from climate control... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, just searched and could not find anything about this. Have an awful clicking noise from the climate control when I slide the temp lever over towards cold. It only stops when slid to halfway cold/warm or full warm position.

Was having this noise and just replaced the broken heater valve with an aftermarket unit and new hoses. Couldn't get the valve to fully close, so hamster-warm air was still coming out of the vents, which I will try to fix with the yank on the cable trick (again).

Funny enough, the noise actually went away for a bit and has now returned with a vengeance. Any ideas?

TIA + happy weekend, y'all.

I have the same thing. Car literally sounds like an air compressor about to explode. Threads on this one, got to see what others say...

You have debris in your fan. Unbolt it from under the glove box, clean it out yourey GTG.

It's like 3 bolts and a half hour work.

You have debris in your fan. Unbolt it from under the glove box, clean it out yourey GTG.

It's like 3 bolts and a half hour work.

Word, thanks for the help man. New to the world of cruisers so you'll see me around the forums asking the newbie questions a lot haha. Time to do some cleanin'!:bounce:

I am happy to report that this is fixed! One of the connectors from the original stereo got jammed in the linkage for the mixing doors...pretty simple fix, just ziptied the harness up and out of the way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom