Auxilary heaters for camping in cold weather (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a Webasto Airtop 2000 in my trailer that worked very well. It'll heat a 60 interior easily. Looks like this guy installed his under the hood. There are a bunch of knock-offs that van folks seem to be happy with.

I had a Webasto Airtop 2000 in my trailer that worked very well. It'll heat a 60 interior easily. Looks like this guy installed his under the hood. There are a bunch of knock-offs that van folks seem to be happy with.

That looks awesome. Does it have its own diesel fuel line to the fuel tank or is it tee’d off the fuel line to the motor?

They come in both diesel or gas. Mine had it's own fuel tank but download the installation manual. There are several ways to install it. I would also consider installing it in the rear quarter panel.

Webasto Air Top 2000 STC 12v diesel with temperature controller rheostat

Includes controller, 1m of hot air ducting and 1 outlet! (not shown in pictures) - please refer to description

A compact, quiet, and economical heater. The Webasto Air Top 2000 ST C offers optimised fuel efficiency, This is the most compact Webasto heater with a heat output of 2 kW. It has an impressively low level of electric power consumption and low level of diesel consumption of just 0.12 - 0.24 litres per hour of heater output operation,
whisper quiet heating.. This air heater can be installed in addition to conventional heating systems for optimum comfort.

Webasto 2000 STC 12v Heater kit contains:
  • Webasto Air Top 2000 STC 12v diesel heater
  • Temperature controller rheostat
  • All electrical harnesses and connections
  • Black Webasto Air Outlet - 60mm / 90deg
  • 1 Meter of APK Ducting
  • Stainless steel exhaust pipe
  • Combustion Intake pipe
  • 1 x 60mm Air outlet
  • Fuel system with 8mtrs plastic fuel pipe
  • Fuel metering pump
  • 1 metre 60mm flexible ducting
  • 1 x Air entry grille
  • Kit supplied with 8mm fuel t-piece
  • (does NOT include fuel standpipe – please enquire if required)
  • All necessary clips and screws for standard installation included
F90D65E2-4F7C-42C7-B79D-DA283D92AC02.png

Made in Germany

Found a quarter panel install for you...

Build_66_Land_Cruiser_Troop_Carrier.jpg

What's the brand of that heater? I've been checking out the German and Chinese versions of those, but I haven't seen a Russian version yet.

That's a legit Eberspacher. I think someone in Russia is taking advantage of exchange rates or something. It was a few hundred bucks less going this way.

That's a legit Eberspacher. I think someone in Russia is taking advantage of exchange rates or something. It was a few hundred bucks less going this way.
That's awesome. Was it through eBay, or an online retailer? That's exactly the heater that I'm looking for.

eBay seller eu.heaters4you

Came pretty fast considering it came from Russia. Complete, legit unopened and in good condition. The remote is supposed to work from 1000 meters in ideal line of site conditions.

Curious if any of the units would fit under the passengers seat after you remove the old heater box. Anybody done this?

Nice one!! Any idea if these will also run off of regular gasoline?
Eberspacher and Webasto both sell gasoline/petrol versions of certain models, but they won't run on both fuels. You have to purchase either a gas or diesel heater. You can also elect for a hydronic (water) heater to heat your coolant and then use your coolant via your vehicle heater to heat the cabin, or buy an air heater and heat the air directly. I was thinking of getting a hydronic heater for the flexibility, since it can be rigged up with a heat exchanger to heat water for a shower/sink, but the more I read the more I'm leaning towards an air heater for the ease of install and simplicity of operation. Those heaters for you folks that @Prairie Swamp mentioned have the Webasto Airtop 2000 gasoline version for $570 with $40 shipping right now, and I'm probably going to pull the trigger if I don't talk myself out of it in the next day.

oh nice do you know where a link may be for that? That seems like a killer deal? Is it the eBay one?

Eberspacher and Webasto both sell gasoline/petrol versions of certain models, but they won't run on both fuels. You have to purchase either a gas or diesel heater. You can also elect for a hydronic (water) heater to heat your coolant and then use your coolant via your vehicle heater to heat the cabin, or buy an air heater and heat the air directly. I was thinking of getting a hydronic heater for the flexibility, since it can be rigged up with a heat exchanger to heat water for a shower/sink, but the more I read the more I'm leaning towards an air heater for the ease of install and simplicity of operation. Those heaters for you folks that @Prairie Swamp mentioned have the Webasto Airtop 2000 gasoline version for $570 with $40 shipping right now, and I'm probably going to pull the trigger if I don't talk myself out of it in the next day.

I don't know anything about heaters but saw this thread over in the camping section that may help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom