Auxbeam 6 Gang Switch Panel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone installed the Auxbeam 6 Gang Switch Panel to their auxillary battery. In the wiring diagram they want you to connect wire (A) to ACC. Meaning the original factory battery. I don't want to run it to ACC I want it hot to the auxillary battery. When I connect wire (A) to + side of auxillary battery then the backlight of the panel stays on. Obviously I'm lacking in 12V wiring and would appreciate help.

I know what the ACC means and even where to connect. The problem lies in the fact that I'm not connecting the control box and switch panel to my stock battery. I'm running the set up on my Aux battery to run lights, fridge, etc. and therefore do not want it connected to my ignition key ACC. So by connecting it straight to + on Aux battery the backlight on the switch panel stays on.

I know what the ACC means and even where to connect. The problem lies in the fact that I'm not connecting the control box and switch panel to my stock battery. I'm running the set up on my Aux battery to run lights, fridge, etc. and therefore do not want it connected to my ignition key ACC. So by connecting it straight to + on Aux battery the backlight on the switch panel stays on.
People will wire the switch to that wire to turn off and on the auxbeam. I am actually looking into this setup also. Just add the switch if you want to use the switch panel when the car is off.

Jorgito, Thanks the 'lightbulb' in my brain is getting brighter on this issue. Can you give me more detail when you say "just add the switch"?
What's "the switch" and where do I connect it to?

Jorgito, Thanks the 'lightbulb' in my brain is getting brighter on this issue. Can you give me more detail when you say "just add the switch"?
What's "the switch" and where do I connect it to?
I read it here:

- Red. Provides control power to the power box. Probably it's best to connect this to a switched circuit in the Jeep's fuse panel, unless you want the switches to be active when the Jeep is off, in which case it can be connects to unswitched 12v in the fuse panel. Connections inside the fuse panel can be made with fuse taps like these, which are available most everywhere auto parts are sold:

With bit of searching there is a thread even here on ih8mud:

Yes I want the switches to be active when the vehicle is turned off. That's why I connected it directly to the + side of the Aux battery with the result of the switch backlight remaining on all the time. So If I tap into the factory fuse box and connect to an "unswitched" 12v circuit won't the result be the same as what I've done?

Yes I want the switches to be active when the vehicle is turned off. That's why I connected it directly to the + side of the Aux battery with the result of the switch backlight remaining on all the time. So If I tap into the factory fuse box and connect to an "unswitched" 12v circuit won't the result be the same as what I've done?
Yes, that would, that's the reason you need to add the switch to the red wire, if not then the auxbeam would stay on and drain your battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom