Aux light wiring question Hella 500s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bringing back this tread from HELMS DEEP....
Im looking at getting some LED's and need to make the wiring for my headlights go from "negative switching" to "positive switching".

I want to use the stock switch (on/off -- low/high beams) to work with it...

Anybody has good info on layman's terms I would really appriciate it...
Does anybody sell a harness that can be incorporated into the stock H4 plugs to make this a simple thing ?

Thanks Fast Eddy.

I wonder if an ipf or arb harness would do the trick

I'm am struggling with this... I can't get this to work. I have terminal 86 running to a switch. I have a wire running from the high beam to the switch.
If I connect to one wire of the high beams, the aux lights are always triggered (assuming the aux switch is on). If I connect to the other side, the relay triggers when the high beams aren't on (aux lights would be on) and when I turn the high beams on, the relay turns off.

??

By the way, I'm not connected to 87A, the relay definitely triggers when I turn on low beams and off when I select high beams

If I disconnect what I've done, both sides of the high beam plug go directly to ground, so that's why, the aux relay triggers when the lights are off. I would think that since it's ground switched, the high beams would not go to ground until the switch is turned on.

I thought about this some more and retested my work...
Now, I'm at the stage, that if the lights are off, I have to manually turn off the aux lights. But, if the lights are on, then the aux lights work as intended, off when the low beams are on, one when the high beams are on.

So not perfect, but I guess I will be ok with it. Any other ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom